Honored Contributor

Re: Christiane Amanpour will replace Charlie Rose’s PBS time slot

[ Edited ]

I’m surprised the ratings were good, or that the show was that popular that it needed to be continued (this about the PBS show )

Of course they feel a woman has to replace him 

since I wrote this,  someone posted that they are just showing a rerun of her CNN show, not a completely new show.  

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

@shell garden  #1:  I never said a word about what he  learned at Duke or on the farm.  #2  I never said that being from NC made him any better than anyone else.    I did say that I would miss him...   With those two things in mind, please do not correct me....

Honored Contributor

I love her, brilliant woman

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Jewel22 wrote:

She is going to be his interim replacement.

@Janey2

Do you mean temporary?  I didn't hear that, I hope it will be ongoing.

Trusted Contributor

Love her !

Honored Contributor

The veteran international correspondent anchors "Amanpour" on weeknights, most frequently from London. CNN International will continue to produce and air the program. The rebroadcasts on PBS stations will help the program reach a bigger audience in the United States.

The main PBS station in New York, WNET, will begin airing "Amanpour" on Monday night. It will be made available to other stations a week from now.

"Featuring conversations with global leaders and decision makers on the issues affecting the world today, 'Amanpour on PBS' adds to the long tradition of public affairs programming that has been a hallmark of public media for decades," PBS CEO Paula Kerger said in a statement.

CNN

Esteemed Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@shell garden  #1:  I never said a word about what he  learned at Duke or on the farm.  #2  I never said that being from NC made him any better than anyone else.    I did say that I would miss him...   With those two things in mind, please do not correct me....

You said he graduated from Duke and was the son of a tobacco farmer and you knew how hard that was.  That has nothing to do with what Charlie did to those women.  I am not trying to correct you, I'm pointing out that doesn't matter where he came from, he should not have done what he did.  We just have to agree to disagree about the way you posted your thoughts.  

Trusted Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

@Noel7....thank you so much for letting us know. I love Christiane.  I have watched her reporting over the years and think she is a brilliant professional and well spoken in the field of journalism.  

NO FAKE NEWS WITH HER!!!

And, I remember well, when JFK, Jr., died, it devastated her because they went to college together and were very good friends.   Will watch her frequently.....Great Job PBS!!!  She is a beautiful lady, then and now.

See the source image

@shell garden

Well that is something I didn't know! I wholeheartedly agree👍🏼

⚓️
Esteemed Contributor

@LoveMyBaby...yes, Christiane and John F. Kennedy, Jr., were very good friends.  She is a pretty lady, isn't she?