Honored Contributor

Re: Christiane Amanpour will replace Charlie Rose’s PBS time slot

@esmerelda wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

I'd like examples of her intelligence and qualifications.

@esmerelda

Then feel free to do your own research like the rest of us do.

@Noel7I don't know why I spend time here.  Conversations become rude without provocation.  There are many here I wouldn't associate with IRL.  That's for sure! 

And yet you continually follow me.  Where I am, so you are, @esmerelda

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@esmerelda

@Noel7

i cannot believe that someone is questioning her intelligence and qualifications. from the time she was in collge and all throughout her career she has proven to be an excellent journalist and one willing to go into war zones and areas that others would not dare to go into. journalist, reporter, anchor, goodwill ambassador, summa ****** laude, phi beta kappa, so many awards, speaks three languages......and i could go on and on.....

I agree @sunshine45.

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@esmerelda

@Noel7On another thread when someone asked if I would post an article, I at least provided a link...a much kinder, more civil response than you have given me. 

Why not admit what you said about her being "intelligent and qualified" was an opinion and not a statement of fact?  And if you really think she is, why not cite examples, e.g., education, awards, etc., instead of being rude?

@esmerelda Why is that you need proof ALL the time? and CAN'T do your own research? You've been doing this for years now and it's quite irritating! GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND!!!!

As far as Christane is concerned, her credentials speak for themselves!

@JaneMarple

It’s an incessant demand that others provide information for her or the insults start, and you are right, it’s gone on for years.

Trusted Contributor

Agreed.  If nothing else, she will provoke discussion about issues.  I most enjoy the way that she provides background information, current context, and the ways an issue affects  individuals, communities, and countries. As a reader/viewer/listener,  I know that she will have many views that agree with mine; others she holds will not.  I don't share George Will's beliefs probably 99% of the time; however, I read his columns for the ideas that he shares and listen to his ideas in various media as a way of being an informed citizen.  The willingness to engage with varied ideas is something that we all should encourage and seems more difficult in the polarized times in which we live.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Zernia Rose wrote:

Agreed.  If nothing else, she will provoke discussion about issues.  I most enjoy the way that she provides background information, current context, and the ways an issue affects  individuals, communities, and countries. As a reader/viewer/listener,  I know that she will have many views that agree with mine; others she holds will not.  I don't share George Will's beliefs probably 99% of the time; however, I read his columns for the ideas that he shares and listen to his ideas in various media as a way of being an informed citizen.  The willingness to engage with varied ideas is something that we all should encourage and seems more difficult in the polarized times in which we live.

@Zernia Rose

Excellent post, I like your comparison of what we can get from both Wiil and Amanpour.  I like to listen to George Will also, he makes interesting points.

Contributor

Just another Extremely Bias Liberal!  She & Charlie are both so far to the Left, they need someone more in the middle!  I won’t be watching, that is for sure!  😱

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

She is so intelligent and has a wonderful voice.  This is good news Smiley Happy

@Noel7

ITA ...  I've always really liked her!   Great choice!   Woman LOL

QVC Customer Care

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@Zernia Rose wrote:

@Zernia Rose  I would give your post 100 hearts if I could!