Trusted Contributor

Re: Choosing To Travel By Air

@occasionalrain wrote:

We've seen and heard of last minute canceled flights, people rebook and that flight is also canceled followed by another cancelation... Because they can't get on a flight back home, some are stranded in a foreign country for days. Everyone knows, or should know, there's a shortage of pilots, crews, and even air traffic controllers. So, other than work and unavoidable emergencies, why are people making reservations to fly somewhere just for fun?  I just don't get it. I'm missing something.

@occasionalrain I guess you're missing the fact that the vast majority of flights depart on time, and most travelers are prepared for the inconvenience of a delay. We travel all summer. I've had one flight delayed so far, no biggie.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

Re: Choosing To Travel By Air

@occasionalrain wrote:

There are other options, more expensive now, and more dependable. I love trains, so have always wanted to do that Canadian trans continental one. Has anyone traveled on that?

@occasionalrain 

Unfortunately a few years ago, so I’m not up to date on changes, and issues.  But, the scenery was wonderful, hope that hasn’t changed!

One thing, I don’t know where you are, but the DC train station was Awful back then, and I was there a few months ago, it Still is.  I’d travel longer to avoid it.

Hope you get to go.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras