Esteemed Contributor

Cholesterol issues in spite of life style changes.

I have turned into an almost vegetarian for the past 2 months. By that, I mean I eat oatmeal for breakfast (Which I hate!) or egg beaters, salad for lunch, (just lettuce, tomato, cucumber and very little dressing) and I eat fish and vegetables for dinner. Sometimes I have a snack of fresh fruit (mostly berries). On VERY RARE occassion I eat lean skinless chicken! NO JUNK FOOD AT ALL.NONE.

Why did I do this? My cholesterol is always high and Im on meds for years (tried various meds too) and it was still high. And I had gained some weight, from steroid shots for my back and from lack of "good" excercise also from my back pain which is bad all the time unless I have a shot (which I just did last week).

Well...I got sick of it and my Mom died young so I worry about this.. So I changed.

The good news; Since doing this all I lost 11lbs. and thought I was finally on the right track..

Brrrr WRONG...Had my cholesterol rechecked (for the 100th time), and they called. Now its still very very high so I must see a cardiologist asap!

I dont know what else to do. I cannot walk far because my back is shot. But when I can I do it. And when I cant I try to work out my upper body with light weights and a table top peddle for my arms! It must be my genes. My Mom and her dad both died before the age I am now.

See what the cardiolgist says. Im soooo fed up and frankly getting nervous because of my Moms side of family history.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles