Honored Contributor

Re: Choir Sings Battle Hymn of the Republic

Mine eyes have seen the glory

I regret so much that this song was used as a marching song by the CSA during the Civil war, and that it has become somewhat tainted here in the south because of that.

NOTE:  I am a southerner.

It is a BEAUTIFUL and uplifting  Hymn.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

Beautiful and touching. Goose bumps. Thanks for posting @IamMrsG.

Esteemed Contributor

wow
Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG

This post has been here for about 24 hours. 

What I'd like to know is why isn't there 10 or 20 pages of responses on this topic?

Why, when there is terrible news, or political news, or something useless that some celebrity has done/said we beat the topic to death for days and days on end, but when it is something about honoring a fallen soldier, something showing our young people showing respect and kindness without planning, we can't fill pages and pages with comments about this behavior?

Says a lot about us. And thanks for sharing this.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio  As I see it, there is nothing to argue about here.  Oh, I dearly hope no one takes that as a challenge.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That brought tears to my eyes, @IamMrsG.   The news does cover good deeds, random acts of kindness, positive stories, but the public isn't as drawn to them as they are to other topics.   And if we don't support "good news" and show interest, they're logically going to move on to the other headlines which do get attention.    I agree, we see that evidenced by the number of views and replies to threads in the microcosm of this community, as I mentioned on another thread recently.    Thanks for sharing this beautiful moment in time.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Very touching, indeed. Just goes to show you....at times like these, it doesn't matter whether or not you are Democrat or Republican....Liberal or Independent....just people who love and support their beloved country and those who died for it.

Esteemed Contributor

Veyr beautiful and touching....

Trusted Contributor

I think we know why.  SAD

Respected Contributor

Sweet and touching, thanks

@IamMrsG.❤️

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••