Honored Contributor

Re: Chocolate covered bacon !!! Yuck!

I certainly would't tell people who are suffering from any medical condition it because they didn't eat a WPD...nor would I sneer at scientific facts ,and studies, that are from respected medical  institutions/universities ,all over the world about treatment plans and advances that are being made. Nor ,would I encourage anyone to eat a daily diet ,of nothing but potatoes ,for a year..All these things, and worse, have been told to people dealing with diabetes

Respected Contributor

The constant hectoring about food choices has finally made me reach my saturation point.

People hesitate to post a recipe or talk about a favorite treat for fear of being lectured and scolded. I've never seen this behavior in real life. Only here. 

It's become obsessive for some people and as i said before, such obsessiveness tends to drive people away.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know @Ms tyrion2 . There was an article I posted about giving  young children that are coughing, a small square of chocolate, to stop their coughs..It was posted in JAMA, a British medical journal. Young children are not supposed to take cough meds now..You would have thought I posted a recipe for bubonic plague

Valued Contributor

Candied bacon is very common in my area and is often found on buffet tables at dinner parties. You’re only meant to have a tiny piece like an hors d”oeuvre, so it’s not a major health threat if it’s consumed properly. It tastes like any other salty/sweet concoction.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes  Sweet and salty always goes well together. Imagine this would be a good appetizer. I'd fix it at home though for freshness and no preservatives.

ETA: Actually, I'll stick to dipping pretzels in dark chocolate! Love that combination. . 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

I think it sounds delicious.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Yes, it's very good.  

Respected Contributor

Reading the words, chocolate covered bacon, is bad enough.

Valued Contributor

@Goodie2shoes  have never tried it but they sell it like "hotcakes" at all the large fairs in the state.   

Contributor

Yuck? What are we, 6?