Honored Contributor

Re: Chloroquine as Treatment?

@sydsgma1 wrote:

Plaque nil is a known treatment for rheumatoid arthritis. I take it daily. It would be wonderful if it could be used to treat covid19.

@sydsgma1 . My husband has been on Panquenil for years due to his autoimmune illness. 

It would be wonderful if it in fact does work against this virus but he is also afraid that he might not be able to get more when he needs it because of a sudden shortage just like the run on toilet paper.  He usually gets a 3 month supply and now his doctor is only giving him enough for one month.

Respected Contributor

Old news.  

NYS is starting a trial of the "drug cocktail" today, March 24th.

Respected Contributor

Did you all see this?!Man Surprised

An Arizona man has died and his wife was in critical condition after consuming chloroquine phosphate, a product used to clean fish tanks that shares an active ingredient with drugs said to help.

Valued Contributor

@FlowerBear  Thank you for posting this. I was under the impression they had died from taking the actual prescription, I did not know they had consumed fish tank cleaner. I am very sorry for their loss.

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

The actor that is on Hawaii FiveO has the virus and took this drug and felt much better as some critical people have too and had great results. They have talked about this drug for a week now.  This does sound promising!!

Respected Contributor

@SunSprite  SO very sad they did this Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

Oh great. Something else for people to start stockpiling while those who truly need it for approved purposes go without.

I can't believe we are sourcing viral FB videos now as sound medical evidence. This country scares me in so many ways.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

A man just died because his wife and he took this substance to try to become immune to COVID-19. It is irresponsible to hype this. There are trusting people who will believe whatever the people they follow in the entertainment media tell them. Well, now those folks have a death and a tragedy on their hands. How many will it take before they start to act responsibly? I hope they get sued. And I hope people stop recommending and implying we can safely take this without a doctor's supervision.

@Porcelain  Who has said -or implied- that this drug could be taken wihout a doctor's supervision?

The man that died with the sick wife in ICU because of taking it - they took the fish tank cleaner version of it not a fit for human consumption version.

Respected Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

Oh great. Something else for people to start stockpiling while those who truly need it for approved purposes go without.

I can't believe we are sourcing viral FB videos now as sound medical evidence. This country scares me in so many ways.

Interesting that you take issue with people who say they were given the drug and it saved their lives, but you had no comment about the couple who made their own concoction to self medicate.

And let's create another panic - OMG if this drug works for the virus then people who are taking it for other things won't be able to get it.  People will DIE.

Well OK then - what about the panic over testing that has caused people to flood hospitals and clinics demanding to be tested - overwhelming the scarce resources of both medical personnel and protective equipment?

Or what about the panic people are experiencing who have cancer and other serious illnesses - including mental issues - worrying that they won't be able to get treatment due to the virus patients "taking all the hospital beds>"

Oh yes, let's just create more panic.  The medical experts have been very good at doing that.  And now those upset about a possible treatment are joining in.

Pathetic.

Esteemed Contributor

That man and his wife took fish tank cleaner. They did not take the prescription drug.