Esteemed Contributor

Re: Chiropractor refused service

My son  hadn't been to his chiropractor in over a month. 
He was told he would have to wear a mask. My son told him he didn't have one and no stores do either. (He wouldn't order them when I pleaded with him to months ago!) 

They said they would give him one. The Dr. said to return in 2 weeks, his back was really bad. 
   Since then, I've received the QVC Masks that will be too small for him. He has heart trouble and had a hard time breathing in the one the Dr gave him. But his back is better!

Respected Contributor

@caroln242 you can look at it this way: just as your husband is free to choose which chiro he wants to go to, the chiro is also free to decide how he wants to protect his business, himself and his employees. Is all about freedom.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

He was told to quarantine at home because there was a known case he was exposed to.  That means not leaving the house for any reason.  That should have been explained to him.  That usually extends to household members also.  

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

Get some really large men's handkerchiefs and let your son wear those.  People do it here all the time.

Super Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

He was told to quarantine at home because there was a known case he was exposed to.  That means not leaving the house for any reason.  That should have been explained to him.  That usually extends to household members also.  

He did quarantine at home.

Man plans. God laughs.
Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

He is actually tested every time he goes to work?  I would think proof of a negative test would get him into the chiropractor.

@DiAnne 

I could be wrong, but I doubt if he is actually tested every day. More than likely he has temperature taken every day before he can began work. 

Super Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

He is actually tested every time he goes to work?  I would think proof of a negative test would get him into the chiropractor.

@DiAnne 

I could be wrong, but I doubt if he is actually tested every day. More than likely he has temperature taken every day before he can began work. 

@icezeus wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

@DiAnne 

Yeah, I said that wrong.  I didn't mean like getting the virus test, just temp and the "20 questions".  They give them a new mask and hand sanitizer at the door and have "spotters" or whatever you call them to make sure they're maintaining proper distance.  Sorry, didn't mean to confuse the issue.

Man plans. God laughs.
Honored Contributor

My dentist is taking emergency patients, but is not open yet.

DH's doctors and he have video conferences, but he has to go in now and then for treatments.

I will be out for the first time in a long while on May 26 for a medical visit, and another one week later.

Honored Contributor

Re: Chiropractor refused servicek

@DiAnne wrote:

@millieshops 

My dentist is not open either but he has sent his cell phone number to all established patients and is available for emergencies.  

My dentist also is available for emergencies.  I probably will not go for cleanings for at least a year....even if he opens up. Not worth the risk just for a cleaning. I take care of my teeth so it should be fine for a year. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Chiropractor refused servicek

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

@millieshops 

My dentist is not open either but he has sent his cell phone number to all established patients and is available for emergencies.  

My dentist also is available for emergencies.  I probably will not go for cleanings for at least a year....even if he opens up. Not worth the risk just for a cleaning. I take care of my teeth so it should be fine for a year. 

@SeaMaiden 

That's what I was thinking about cleanings, too.  I was due for one in April, and of course that was cancelled.  But a dentist or hygienist is about the closest exposure I can think of, and I don't want to risk that until we hopefully have a vaccine.  If I develop a dental problem, that's a different matter, and of course I'd have to go in at that point.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett