Honored Contributor

Re: Chiropractor refused service

My physical therapist closed her practice in early March ... so all her clients are out of luck.  And ... the gyms are closed!  By the time PT can re-open - we'll all be crippled!

My ENT and audiologist are open - but I cancelled my appointments.  They were just routine checkups / hearing test.  I told them I'd reschedule when everything else was opened.

Only thing I'm worried about is the PT ... 

Valued Contributor

With so many people talking about their "freedoms", I guess it shouldn't be surprising when some medical professionals choose to exercise their own.   The chiropractor is trying to protect himself, his family, his staff and their families as best he can.   He is not frontliner material.

Trusted Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

My son  hadn't been to his chiropractor in over a month. 
He was told he would have to wear a mask. My son told him he didn't have one and no stores do either. (He wouldn't order them when I pleaded with him to months ago!) 

They said they would give him one. The Dr. said to return in 2 weeks, his back was really bad. 
   Since then, I've received the QVC Masks that will be too small for him. He has heart trouble and had a hard time breathing in the one the Dr gave him. But his back is better!

So sorry to hear about your son's difficulties.  I know he's not a child, but someone posted on here about Disney face masks, which come in small, medium, and large.  Also, they have a chart that gives measurements for each size mask.  I guess I can't include a link, but if you Google disney face masks, you should find it.  Also, I would think Etsy has some in sizes, although most of the ones I saw were 1 size.  Good to hear his back is better.  

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

My physical therapist closed her practice in early March ... so all her clients are out of luck.  And ... the gyms are closed!  By the time PT can re-open - we'll all be crippled!

My ENT and audiologist are open - but I cancelled my appointments.  They were just routine checkups / hearing test.  I told them I'd reschedule when everything else was opened.

Only thing I'm worried about is the PT ... 

I have not kept any appointments either - skipped mammogram, eye exam, dental cleaning, routine appt with primary care physician, etc.  I figured they were not worth the risk but I did keep an appt for surgery on my hand (in doctors office) for skin cancer.  

Trusted Contributor

I had a PT appt here in Phoenix last week with 10 visits to follow. 

Temp taken.  Masks worn by provider and me.  Distance kept.

Other clients present; however, at least 10 ft away from other.

My PT in separate room.

I had no hesitation going to this facility as I could see their sanitizing procedures going on throughout my visit.

Esteemed Contributor

Okay, I think that when your husband asked if had been exposed to the virus, he should have said "No", and here's why.

You said that someone at his plant came down with the virus over a month ago.

If your husband hasn't had any symptoms and has consistently passed the daily testing at work, then he doesn't have the virus, and more importantly, wasn't exposed to it.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Okay, I think that when your husband asked if had been exposed to the virus, he should have said "No", and here's why.

If your husband hasn't had any symptoms and has consistently passed the daily testing at work, then he doesn't have the virus, and more importantly, wasn't exposed to it.

So you encourage lying for personal priviledge? Her husband was exposed. No temperature but no actual test. Could be an asymptomatic carrier since he was exposed and not tested. But who cares about that as long as you get what you want irregardless of someone else's precautions and concerns.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

So you encourage lying for personal priviledge? Her husband was exposed. No temperature but no actual test. Could be an asymptomatic carrier since he was exposed and not tested. But who cares about that as long as you get what you want irregardless of someone else's precautions and concerns.

I agree. You should never lie to your doctor. For obvious reasons. And if you don't trust your doctor with the truth you need a different doctor.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Re: Chiropractor refused servicek

@shoesnbags wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

@millieshops 

My dentist is not open either but he has sent his cell phone number to all established patients and is available for emergencies.  

My dentist also is available for emergencies.  I probably will not go for cleanings for at least a year....even if he opens up. Not worth the risk just for a cleaning. I take care of my teeth so it should be fine for a year. 

@SeaMaiden 

That's what I was thinking about cleanings, too.  I was due for one in April, and of course that was cancelled.  But a dentist or hygienist is about the closest exposure I can think of, and I don't want to risk that until we hopefully have a vaccine.  If I develop a dental problem, that's a different matter, and of course I'd have to go in at that point.

@shoesnbags  I had a cleaning for April that also was cancelled. Yes, if I have any issues( and my teeth always have SOMETHING....I will go in. 

Super Contributor

@Tessa Mendoza wrote:

With so many people talking about their "freedoms", I guess it shouldn't be surprising when some medical professionals choose to exercise their own.   The chiropractor is trying to protect himself, his family, his staff and their families as best he can.   He is not frontliner material.

This is a snippit from the oath chiropractors take.  Sometimes the exact wording of the oath varies but generally include the following:  "With purity I will pass my life and practice my art. I will refrain from any act of wrong-doing. I will regard the keeping of a patient’s confidence as a moral obligation. I will at all times consider the patients under my care as of supreme importance. I will not spare myself in rendering them the help which I have been taught by my alma mater."

I think my husband's chiropractor forgot this part of his oath.

Man plans. God laughs.