Respected Contributor

Re: Chip and Joanna Gaines are opening a bakery and starting a magazine

@Mj12 wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

Sorry, I just find them unwatchable for my taste.  Too "cutesy", for lack of a better word.

Ditto this. 

There's something wrong.  Probably will come out someday and be aired.  Just don't buy their 'act'. 

Maybe they are just decent, likable people.

Quite a concept....just decent, likable people.  That's exactly how I feel about them, too.

Super Contributor

I miss David Bormstead. He's so talented!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Adamlambert wrote:

I miss David Bormstead. He's so talented!!

I had to look him up.  He was the color guy.

There was a show I liked where there would be a pricey designer room and the host would try to recreate the look at a lower cost.

Honored Contributor

I have mixed feelings about them.  They seem like really nice people and as others have mentioned Chip can be a bit much .....too much sometimes.  He's too much of a big kid which they try to make look like he's charming but too often falls flat.  I find myself being embarrassed for him at times..

Joanna, comes across as down to earth and talented but the problem is you only see the one style that she specializes in. I happen to love it for now and I guess that's her thing but after a few years it will start to be too dated.  Hopefully her style will evolve.

While I have enjoyed watching them I found myself a bit put off when I learned about all of the stuff they are into...I'm not sure why but maybe it's because a family with four young kids can't possibly have the time to do all of the family togetherness that they try to show when one has a dozen or so different businesses going on at once.  

They have their HGTV show, a real estate business, a retail store, a housing development, a B&B and now a bakery & magazine?!!!!  .....When do they enjoy family life?  Or is it just when the cameras are focused on them & the kids?

Respected Contributor

They had one couple who wanted more of a modern design and Joanna did that for them.  

Image result for fixer upper modern design

Respected Contributor

I have no idea of who any of these people are, nor do I care,

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Honored Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

They had one couple who wanted more of a modern design and Joanna did that for them.  

That's true I had forgotten about that one.

I just wonder where they have all of the time to work on the many different businesses & projects while still having quality family time.  I wish I had her energy!

Honored Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

That's lovely!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank GAWD Chip & Joanna are doing something for Waco....

considering all hell is breaking loose with Baylor University athletics

less than 1 mile away from their business.

"Move along folks.  Nothing to see here"

(says all collegiate athletic programs...especially Baylor)

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I just wish Chip wouldn't try to hard to be cute as it gets old after awhile.  I don't watch them regularly any more.  Too much of the same.

I agree.  I can take her but not him.  He may be very nice but is too silly for my tastes.   I've watched episodes off and on and think what they do is amazing but by the end, most houses have the same look.  I'd like to see more variety in decor.  I hardly ever watch anymore.