Honored Contributor

Re: Chip and Joanna Gaines are opening a bakery and starting a magazine

@tansy wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

...Personally, I liked HGTV much better when they didn't put all their eggs in the same few baskets.

Me, too.  I miss Candace Olson, Kitty Somebody and Carol Duvall, among others.  

Me?

I really am the best.

Cat Tongue

Honored Contributor

Don't really good designers design for the client's style?

They find out what they like and then go to work.

That's what I thought anyway.

Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

Sorry, I just find them unwatchable for my taste.  Too "cutesy", for lack of a better word.

Ditto this. 

There's something wrong.  Probably will come out someday and be aired.  Just don't buy their 'act'. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Do you have a black bob hairstyle with a dramatic silver stripe in it?

And, yes, I am happy to see you posting here more😻

Honored Contributor

They did a reno for a doctor and his wife that I honestly fell in love with. They turned a plain, dark, cut up rancher with a nice waterview of a lake to a French Country with a WOW view of the the lake. Absolutely gorgeous. No cutesy country stuff as neither of the clients like that. I'm telling you, she did things that I would never have thought of and the couple   really didn't believe she could pull it off. But, she did.

They will use your stuff but the throw things from their shop and you have the option of purchasing it or they remove it after the show is filmed. If DH could get a job in WACO, we'd move there, especially to where that couple bought that house.

It just goes to show you that so many houses could be amazing if the time was put into the design instead of slapping them up, selling them and then running away with your profit (talking to you, developers and builders).

Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

Sorry, I just find them unwatchable for my taste.  Too "cutesy", for lack of a better word.

Ditto this. 

There's something wrong.  Probably will come out someday and be aired.  Just don't buy their 'act'. 

Maybe they are just decent, likable people.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Do you have a black bob hairstyle with a dramatic silver stripe in it?

And, yes, I am happy to see you posting here more😻

No on the hairstyle Cat Tongue

I know who that is now, though!

Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

Ditto this. 

Maybe they are just decent, likable people.

Well, that would just be BORING.

Cat Tongue

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tansy wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

...Personally, I liked HGTV much better when they didn't put all their eggs in the same few baskets.

Yes, yes, yes and I wish they'd get Sarah (Richardson) a new house to make over... Loved her show... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

That was Kitty Bartholomew. I loved her show as well as Sara Richardson's. I never was a big fan of Candace Olson's designs but I'd take her show anyday over the endless repeats of House Hunters. HGTV really needs to mix their programming up!

I have to admit I'm a fan of Fixer Upper. Joanna's style is very similar to my own, so I enjoy seeing what she comes up.