Honored Contributor

Re: Chip and Joanna Gaines are opening a bakery and starting a magazine

I'm pretty sure I saw one of their shows where a couple bought a shotgun house that was basically a total wreck when they got into looking at it and it all had to be torn up and rebuilt and then moved to another lot (someone bought up the land where it was originally).

I got bored with the whole moving it thing and haven't gone back to watch another episode.

Cat Indifferent

Respected Contributor

I've watched probably all of their episodes on HGTV and like them and the way they go about rehabbing a house. She has a blog that goes over what was done on each project. 

They also have a bed and breakfast in Waco (?) that seems to be booked well in advance. With the Silos and now a bakery and magazine, I hope they don't extend themselves. I think that's happened with the Pioneer Woman. She's become so busy that she rarely posts on her blog-she may be making up for it on FB, I'm not sure, but I think those that followed her blog are fast losing interest if they haven't already. Not nearly as many comments as she used to have- The line of dishware, pots and pans, cookbooks, children's books, cooking shows on Food Network, book signings,  and now The Merchantile.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I have no idea who they are.

Cat Tongue

No problem!  🤗

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@violann wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I have no idea who they are.

Cat Tongue

No problem!  🤗

I have since figured out who they are!

(I have a lot of time on my hands this afternoon for googling!)

Honored Contributor

I wish them luck in their new businesses.   I enjoy their show.  Her taste in decorating is not mine. But,  I can appreciate how beautiful the houses are after their hard work.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, Mellie,
I love them too! I would love to see what they would do with our house! Their projects are beautiful.

Honored Contributor

They seem to be good people making a difference in the world; more power to them.

Honored Contributor

So what makes them "good people"?

I see that they are good business people.

Respected Contributor

I love the show and they're a really cute couple but, sometimes Chip is a bit much.  When he ate a roach, they lost me for the rest of the show.

Honored Contributor

I don't watch a lot of this stuff, as in every day, but of all the ones I have seen, these two seem the most "real", i.e. WYSIWYG, and I watch them more easily than most others. Not a lot of phony, made-up disasters & conflicts. Down to earth but not bumpkin. Appealing to many, I would think. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all