Honored Contributor

Re: Chinese and Sushi Resturants

There has been great debate (and more) regarding why spouse & I will not do the "take-out" thing like everyone to help "small business".

I agree @mustang66lady we feel we don't know how fresh the food is and we will not go back to eating take-out (or even dine-in) for a good month after we are back to "NORMAL"....if that we ever have this again!

Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@mustang66lady wrote:

We have a few Chinese places in our small area and the only one to close to my knowledge, is our favorite place for take out.  The people who own it are Chinese and said they would be back in two weeks.  I told DH since we do not know where they are going, we will not be ordering from them in a long time.  Several other places are open for take out only and we will be ordering from one of those places.  We are familiar with those places as well so will know if we see familiar faces or not.  I understand they may be concerned about their families but am not going to risk the health of my family in the meantime.  

Oh my goodness, did it ever cross your mind that they may be at home as well? 

@JaneMarple 

Of course it did but this family works 7 days a week.  They never take a holiday.  Just a husband, his wife and their teenaged son.  Maybe they are sheltering at home and good for them if they are but do you have a guarantee they didn't go back to China or even somewhere else in the country to check on their own who may be ill?  It's their business where they are and not mine to inquire.   Maybe you want to risk this but I'm not risking my families health.  I don't blame them for whatever their reason, just not going to put our health on the line.  There are other places to go for Chinese takeout in our area that have not closed down during this crisis.  Will support them at this time.

Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady , if it is their business to go away then why mention in your post? What was the relevance of of why they left town?

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple 

I am not going to get into a debate with you.  To the OP-sorry for this happening to your post-was not my intention to cause an upset.  

Have a nice evening.  

Esteemed Contributor

Our favorite Chinese take out places have closed. My son found a Chinese restaurant one town over that delivers. We've been ordering from them.

I do find it strange that most have them have closed. Wondering how many will reopen.

Honored Contributor

When things kept being repeated on the news, some people started attacking those who lived/worked in my city's China Town. Some of those Restaurants have been closed since late January. The neighborhood place continued to be open but it too closed about a month later. It was quite sad to see fear in the eyes of people whom I had patronized for years. 

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Esteemed Contributor

Some chinese and some japanese restaurants are doing takeout with delivery to your home and we have ordered takeout from several local restaurants to support them during this time. I don't know how many restaurants won't make it but I suspect that a lot will close permanently.

I know of a chinese restaurant that my husband used to frequently eat lunch with his family and that restaurant saw a big downturn in customers starting at the end of January and all through February and the owner was thinking of closing her restaurant because she couldn't make enough money to run it. This was when people were avoiding a lot of chinese restaurants thinking that the workers must be from mainland China. I don't know if it's still operating or not but I don't think so since it's not set up to be a take out restaurant.

Anyway, who know now if that or other restaurants will close for good? It will be a lot.