Highlighted
New Contributor

Please stop buying products from China! At the very least, please state in description the country and not just "imported"! Thanks

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Newsflash!

Nearly EVERY retailer sells stuff from China!

Even Amazon!

One item can be made in MANY  countries.

QVC isn't going to stop buying stuff from from China just because you demand them to.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Newsflash!

Nearly EVERY retailer sells stuff from China!

Even Amazon!

One item can be made in MANY  countries.

QVC isn't going to stop buying stuff from from China just because you demand them to.

Always a ray of sunshine!

People letting a company know their preferences about origin of products is perfectly acceptable. 

And QVC will indeed buy at least less from China when people demand them to, when they stop buying products and turn elsewhere. 

Every movement starts somewhere. With a letter to the company, an email, a tweet, a decision not to buy something because of where it is made, a boycott, a strike, a protest. 

There is no reason this poster cannot express their opinion on these pages. Chastising them for doing so is not a newsflash.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@momomaw 

Just a fact check.  Where was the item you are using to post made?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

And where was your computer made?

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I agree wholeheartedly that if we can avoid buying from China, we should. And the use of the word "imported" is a clever way to dull the senses and mask the origin of the product. I disagree with another poster here about vendors not listening to us about not wanting to buy from China. Everyone I know makes the conscious decision to avoid Chinese products if possible. When I shop on Amazon if I have a choice to buy from any other country, I will. Multiply that response by a million and soon the impact will be felt in the vendor's bottom line. It may take time to shift the power of manufacturing back to us, but it will happen if we do our part.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@momomaw wrote:

Please stop buying products from China! At the very least, please state in description the country and not just "imported"! Thanks

@momomaw 

Why?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I buy the lowest prices item and don't care where it's made.

Multiply that by millions of people, and China isn't going to go away.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Two post both say the same thing da dum

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@momomaw wrote:

@momomaw,  are you willing to give up everything you own that is from China and replace with items from a country you find acceptable?

The more I learn the more I realize how little I know.
Are you setting an example or being an example?