Honored Contributor

Re: China Now Hit With Bird Flu Outbreak

That place must be so dirty.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The wild meat markets should be banned but that will never happen.

Does anyone know why the factories in China are only operating at 60 to 70 percent capacity?  They don't have enough hazmat suits and masks at this point.

Again, I feel the numbers reported from China are woefully low and don't reflect the true number affected.  Very secretive.

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

Does anyone know why the factories in China are only operating at 60 to 70 percent capacity?  They don't have enough hazmat suits and masks at this point.

Again, I feel the numbers reported from China are woefully low and don't reflect the true number affected.  Very secretive.

@Snoopp  There's an article on The Daily Beast which says doctors that tried to warn about this type of virus happening were arrested. It's an interesting article if you want to check it out.

Trusted Contributor

@Still Raining 

China has horrible sanitation problems. They use human waste for fertilizer; their sewer systems and water treatment plants are woefully inadequate and lax personal hygiene all contribute to epidemics like this. With 1.4 billion inhabitants and those conditions, China is a ticking time bomb. It's a miracle that something like this doesn't happen more often. India is another disaster waiting to happen. So is California with all the homeless people living and defecating on the streets.

Honored Contributor

This drumbeat about how filthy China is has reignited old racist tropes. Read the news today: Chinese people here and elsewhere (whether they could have any connection to the epidemic or not) are being shunned and are enduring some very nasty slurs.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

@Snoopp 

Supposedly they are banned now, but there's video showing that they're still operating in alleys, small villages and out of the way places.

I guess it's too prolific to police.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

.It is disgraceful to use a thread like this to spread  bigotry..

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So what does this say about us? Are we all dirty?

snip

While it’s unlikely that the “Spanish Flu” originated in Spain, scientists are still unsure of its source. France, China and Britain have all been suggested as the potential birthplace of the virus, as has the United States, where the first known case was reported at a military base in Kansas on March 11, 1918. Researchers have also conducted extensive studies on the remains of victims of the pandemic, but they have yet to discover why the strain that ravaged the world in 1918 was so lethal.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't see a single bigoted post in this thread.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I don't see a single bigoted post in this thread.

That is because there are no bigoted posts in this thread. Sadly, some people just don't get it. They live in their fantasy land.