Honored Contributor

China Now Hit With Bird Flu Outbreak

China has reportedly seen an outbreak of a 'highly pathogenic' strain of H5N1 bird flu which has already killed 4,500 chickens. 

The outbreak was initially reported at a farm in Shaoyang city in the southern province of Hunan, south of the epicentre of the Coronavirus in Wuhan. 

According to the Reuters report, Chinese authorities have already culled 17,828 poultry in the wake of the outbreak.

The farm has now been sealed off and sterilised.  

The bird flu has been classed as highly pathogenic because of the number of birds which have died from the disease. 

According to the NHS, the H5N1 strain of the virus has 'caused concern' in recent years. 

Although the disease doesn't easily infect humans and it is hard to spread it from human to human, several people have been infected around the world and died. 

When people do become infected by the disease, the rate of mortality is about 60 per cent, according to the World Health Organisation. 

People can become infected by coming into close contact with infected live or dead birds, or H5N1-contaminated environments. 

Shaoyang is about 302 miles from the central city of Wuhan, where the coronavirus outbreak began late last month.  

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: China Now Hit With Bird Flu Outbreak

You have to feel sorry for the Chinese at this time...what else could they have to endure?

Honored Contributor

@dex 

The pictures out of China are really sad to me, the majority of residents have no access to even face masks and are fashioning them out of clear plastic bags over their heads, big water bottles with the bottoms cut out to fit over their heads, bras and even grapefruit rinds, to use over their mouth and nose.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

It is their fault they  allow such filthy conditions in  their food chain.... to have NO controls or laws governing cleanliness.... it is a disgrace how they allow it to get so bad.   I do not feel sorry for them at all.... I feel angry the rest of the world needs to worry  and suffer because of THEM.  Shame on them. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden 

@SeaMaiden wrote:

It is their fault they  allow such filthy conditions in  their food chain.... to have NO controls or laws governing cleanliness.... it is a disgrace how they allow it to get so bad.   I do not feel sorry for them at all.... I feel angry the rest of the world needs to worry  and suffer because of THEM.  Shame on them. 

Wow, so you sit in your nice home in the United States of America (for the people, by the people) and rag on people who live in an authoritarian state.
The height of hubris.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Personally, I think our society is in danger from a lot more than the consumption of chickens.

Esteemed Contributor

Help me out here.  Is the downfall of society caused by eating meat or is an authoritarian state the cause of bird flu?

Inquiring minds want to know. 😂

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@SeaMaiden 

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Wow, so you sit in your nice home in the United States of America (for the people, by the people) and rag on people who live in an authoritarian state.
The height of hubris.

THEY NEED A WAKE UP CALL... hope this is it...

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@SeaMaiden 

@SeaMaiden wrote:

The height of hubris.

THEY NEED A WAKE UP CALL... hope this is it...

@SeaMaiden 

THEY need a wake up call?

I have to go sit on my paws now.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I blame the Chinese government, not the Chinese people.