Respected Contributor

Re: Children dying in hot cars

@OKPrincess wrote:

These statics are alarming but IMO I can’t help but think some are possibly deliberate.

I agree....you can forget your wallet,your purse, your phone....a child? never

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it could be considered political

Respected Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

I agree that it is time for Congress to enact a law protecting children and pets from being locked in a parked, hot car.  I think it should be expanded, though, for those who cannot take care of themselves, such as those with mental deficiencies.  It is important to protect those in our care who cannot protect themselves.  In the future, I see car manufacturers installing an alarm, much like backup cameras and lane changing alerts.

I was waiting for someone to put the responsibility on the car manufacturers.  Yep, it's all their fault.

I wonder who we can blame when animals and kids are left outside in the hot sun.

Esteemed Contributor

I think at least half of these incidents are deliberate.

There's no other explanation.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

I bet the phone doesn’t get left behind. This needs a waaaay stiffer penalty. 

@Nancy Drew  I agree.  This is negligence beyond any rational reasoning.

No excuse.  I don't care HOW busy you are; priority one is always the child.  Not the job, not the running late, not the only gone for a few minutes, not anything.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Valued Contributor

I don’t know where I heard this but a mom actually puts her shoes on the back next to the car seat so she can’t be distracted.  She can’t go to work barefoot.  What a world

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SXMGirl  I was just going to say the same thing.  Even senior citizens are at risk if left alone too long in the heat.

I  guess the rule should be, if it breathes, don't forget it!!! Slow down.  One thing at a time and that person no matter what the age (or pet) goes before your phone does.

If they are so busy or forgetful, GET A CHECK OFF LIST.  

Honored Contributor

The last incident I heard about was several weeks ago in TN, where the parents had been out with all 3 kids.   Got home, everyone goes in the house; mom thinks dad got the baby out, dad thinks mom got the baby out, NO ONE got the baby out, or even thought about the baby until 4-6 hours later!  

I just cannot comprehend forgetting about my baby for 4-6 hours!  

Super Contributor

They are finally starting to arrest some of them, as they all should be.  I bet they don't forget their cell phones.