Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Childish behavior at the grocery store

I was in the grocery yesterday and I keep the cart behind me to enforce some personal space.  The woman behind me pushed her cart into mine, moving it up, while I was bagging and when I went to pay I couldn't reach the gadget you run your card through, so I naturally said excuse me and pushed my cart back into hers to get to the card reader.  She gave me a look but didn't offer to move her cart back. Some people just don't get it.

Honored Contributor

Our market does not have self-check.  The rare times we head to Wally World we use the self check.  There isn't a line, though, or a conveyor.  You just wait until one of the self registers is free.

I enjoy our cashiers; we know many by name considering it's a large market. 

Can't say we ever encountered a rude customer, either.  Maybe a lack of placing the divider but that's hardly a crisis.

Y'all shop at stinky places.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

It’s all about control. Adult bullying 

Honored Contributor

My husband is an offender. I've seen him keeping moving his cart closer to the person checking out, as if it will will make them hurry. I do pull him back.

He's also one of those who will leave his cart in the middle of an aisle while looking at items.

Other than that, he's one heck of a good guy. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Yes it was very childish of you ,that is correct.

Some days are just like that and you go with your inner child!

Contributor

So funny!!   You fling those popcorn boxes girl!!  People just have not consideration these days.  Don't even get me started on parking lots at the grocery store !!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

My only complaint about the check out lines in the grocery (except how slow some are) is when the person in front of me won't lay the divider down, and let me get my stuff up on what is left of the belt. 

I always give them some space between orders, but for heaven's sake, move up and let the person behind you start to unload. If I have a full basket, I can't get it all on the belt before the cashier has the bagging station full, because the person in front of me was blocking the way from letting me get started filling the belt, once they were done with all the space they needed. 

Drives me nuts.

@Mominohio @QVCkitty1

That happened to me the other day..It was a regular checkout line..two college girls wearing their team jerseys were at the checkout ahead of me.....they had a small order and didnt put the divider down....there was a long line behind me.....the college girls were oblivious and reading the ingredients and talking about one of their purchases.....Finally I spoke up and rather loudly said....COULD YOU PLEASE HAND ME A DIVIDER SO I CAN START UNLOADING MY GROCERIES THERE'S A LONG LINE OF PEOPLE WAITING AND IT WOULD HELP TO SPEED THINGS UP!!!  You shouldve seen the expression on their faces it was as if I asked them to climb Mt. Everest ....after being stunned they relunctantly put the divider down at the end of their order.....Gee maybe they should offer CONSIDERATION as a college course!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I don't believe in using self check-outs.  It takes jobs away from others.  

I bet this would not have happened had a cashier been there.Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Here's another grocery store story...........

I always bring my own recycable bags and plus a thermo bag for the frozen stuff. 

I put my bags at the front of my order,  and proceded to unload my groceries from my cart to the belt....and I couldnt belief the cashier she actually told me to take my bags and hand them to the bagger....WHAT???  She couldn't just push them down to where the bagger was waiting!!!!  I told her Im sorry Im too busy unloading my cart......she gave me a dirty look and handed the bags to the person bagging.  Now the person bagging was just as swift....she put my frozen stuff in a regular cycle bag and put my dry cat food and paper towels in the thermo bag.....the thermo bag is one I purchased from that same grocery store and has their logo on it....and they have them displayed at the front of the store 

I noticed as I was pushing out my grocery cart, that the same cashier was fussing and being bossy to the next customer in line for not pushing her basket near enough to the bagger.....what the heck was up with her!!!

Sadly this grocery store chain is the main one in our town, the chain underpriced and drove other national store chains away!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@cookinfreak wrote:

I had a guy in front of me one time who I thought was with a woman who had just a few groceries in a basket. She checked out and left and he just stood there with no groceries or anything on the conveyer belt. (thought maybe he was daydreaming & just not paying attention). So I moved up behind him a little closer and he yelled at me (don't remember what it was he said exactly). I said something like "I am the next one in line." still thinking he was with the woman in front of me.  Turns out, he was going to stand there until his SO was done shopping and they wouldn't have to wait in line! LOL! Told him it doesn't work that way and he could wait after I was through if other people let him.

cookin

@cookinfreak

Your story..............that guy was such a jerk!

download (4).jpg