Valued Contributor

Childish behavior at the grocery store

By me. I couldn't help myself.  I went through the self check out lane since I only had a few items. As soon as the receipt printed, I moved to the end and I noticed that another customer had walked up to the check out.  Before I could  even start bagging, sure enough a box of popcorn arrived in my groceries.  There was another box on the way down the rollers.  I flung the one that was mixed in with my groceries back up the conveyor rollers. I bagged until the next box of popcorn arrived in my groceries, then flung that one back too.  I ignored the huffy comment from the woman that she'd "just get that stuff out of my way". 

Honored Contributor

Re: Childish behavior at the grocery store

I don't like being crowded at the check out.  Sometimes I can be paying for my groceries and the person behind me will have their cart practically up my backside.  I usually use said backside to give it a shove back in their direction.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do not like for the next customer to get up close to me as I check out.  I am one who stays way back from the current checking out person, so as not to get them flustered, and I expect the same, but rarely get it!

I don't like for them to stand close to me as I scan my debit card either!  Just last week a guy got right on me and was looking closely as I keyed in my PIN#!!   Made me so mad!  The lady checking me out even noticed it, too!  I sort of turned my body sideways so as to block his view from the keypad!!

I guess everyone is busy these days and in a rush to get through the checkout lanes, but a little politeness goes a long way!!!   Just my vent for the day!

Honored Contributor

I had this happen before, and I politely turned around and said, "I'll get out of your way as soon as I am finished"!  It was a man too, and he seemed surprised, LOL!

Honored Contributor

Sometimes people just deserve our little hissy fits. 

They don't think, they don't pay attention, and they don't apologize or correct what they are doing wrong. 

Honored Contributor

My only complaint about the check out lines in the grocery (except how slow some are) is when the person in front of me won't lay the divider down, and let me get my stuff up on what is left of the belt. 

I always give them some space between orders, but for heaven's sake, move up and let the person behind you start to unload. If I have a full basket, I can't get it all on the belt before the cashier has the bagging station full, because the person in front of me was blocking the way from letting me get started filling the belt, once they were done with all the space they needed. 

Drives me nuts.

Honored Contributor

Yes it was very childish of you ,that is correct.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

When the second box of popcorn came down, I would have put in my my bag.  The lady behind me would have to ask for it back.  If anyone, other than an elderly or disabled person) did that to me, they would be doing me a favor.  I like popcorn!

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

My only complaint about the check out lines in the grocery (except how slow some are) is when the person in front of me won't lay the divider down, and let me get my stuff up on what is left of the belt. 

I always give them some space between orders, but for heaven's sake, move up and let the person behind you start to unload. If I have a full basket, I can't get it all on the belt before the cashier has the bagging station full, because the person in front of me was blocking the way from letting me get started filling the belt, once they were done with all the space they needed. 

Drives me nuts.

@Mominohio, I seem to be the divider coordinator, LOL. I always make sure I get one and I get another one for the person behind me. When there are long lines, why mess around.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@123SuzyQ123 - I'm the same way - don't be running your cart or basket up my rear as I'm waiting in line.

I try not to get to close to the person ahead that may be paying with their credit or debit card.