Honored Contributor

Ah, to live in a Hallmark movie.

Or a Lifetime movie (provided, of course, that there isn't a crazy stalker with a knife in the house).

Esteemed Contributor

Both my children’s bedrooms have been repurposed.  Larger room now my DH’s upstairs man cave; second room now my craft/reading room; spare bedroom fixed up for our GC when they stay.

My son took his oak wall unit with him, and it’s now in their home office.  My daughter never had children, so her white bedroom set was given to her DB’s daughter for her bedroom.

My DIL freshened up the white finish and added new hardware to update it.  How nice it is to give furniture a new life.

Honored Contributor
There are many things on Hallmark movies that are predictable...the female lead
a) lost her parents in a fire or a plane crash when she was young
b) works in the corporate world and loses out on a promotion
c) has an uncle who is having a farm, ranch, or hotel taken away by a bank

The childhood bedroom is almost always the same...but it’s the grandparents house who raised her....
Honored Contributor

Re: Childhood Bedrooms

[ Edited ]

My childhood bedroom was sold right after I left home.  It was always kept the same.  But it was more of an /teen-adult rrom anyway.  It had my parents old mahogany 4 poster bed, with vanity and mirror, and a tall high boy. All 1945 mahogany. I took naps on it in my parents room when little.  Then I had some sort of bed until I was 9, then the set was moved onto my room.  My room was dream to other kids.  It was entirely wallpapered with pink cabbage roses, ceiling too!!!  It had a nook, bedroom seat with white colonial shutters.  My bedspread was a white ruffled voile.  Hardwood floors.  I remember peeling back wallpaper when I was in my more bohemian 1960's teen days  and writing a message.  Then I glued it back. I wonder if it was found and by whom. It was sold in 1970's.  

Esteemed Contributor

when our Grandparents lived with us. I shared a bedroom with 3 sisters and a bedroon.  It should have been a one person bedroom.

Honored Contributor

My mother lives in her new husband's house and one of the daughter's bedrooms is still in tact.

She is married with 3 children, 2 in college.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

my parents made my bedroom into a t.v. Sitting room. The house was sold off when my parents passed. The people who purchased the house gutted the entire wall and opened up the bathroom and made it a huge bath/laundry room area

Super Contributor

I didnt have a bed of my own (not to mention a bedroom!) until I left for college. I had to sleep with my Mom; we we're very poor.

DB slept in a cot in the hallway. My morning job was to fold the bedclothe and cot and put them away.

I remember all I wanted a little girl was a pale pink and pale green/ivory bedroom of my own. I used to cut out pictures frommagazines when I could get the magazines from people (usually in the trash bins in our apartment building).

Now I have my pink,green and ivory bedroom.

Esteemed Contributor

Five minutes after I left for college my sister grabbed my room and all it's furnishings.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

My parents moved right when I started college.  My bedroom at the new house was turned into a mini TV room and later combined with a computer room..

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown