Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

The boy is three years old.

Yes, and he probably has more common sense than his father.  I wonder where Mom is.  You would think those parents would know better.

i wouldn’t want that teacher to be responsible for my children.  He is an idiot.

Honored Contributor

That's an accident waiting to happen.

Honored Contributor

Easiest solution if Op is concerned. Tell the mom (if she lives there) you saw her child mowing.

Valued Contributor

Re: Child Cutting Lawn!

[ Edited ]

some people will call cps for a guy pushing a mower with their 3 year old...others don't call cps when a child begs a neighbor not to take them back to their parents because they are being abused or being starved by their parents...we are a strange society..

Why not talk to the neighbor first about the concern? Do we not talk to each other anymore? Seems if the OP knows so much about this person and their life, they should be comfortable enough to approach them and just say they are worried about the child possibly getting hurt due to rocks, etc...maybe even include a story of someone you know who DID get injured as a kid by a lawn mower or a car window broken out due to a rock being thrown. 

To do nothing seems wrong, to call cps seems extreme, as long as no other dangerous circumstances or "abuse" has been witnessed. 

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I honestly think children shouldn't even be outside, while a mower is running

We had a small girl in our neighborhood ,that lost an eye ,do to a mower thowing a stone. She was seated on her front porch, and the man next door was mowing. The mower picked up a stone ,and hurled it. It hit her in the eye

@cherry . I have to agree with you.  Small children and pets need to be indoors.  Older children (teens) need to be nowhere near the area being mowed.  Whenever my husband mows he brings the dog in.  I can't imagine a young child being encourage to "mow" the lawn!  It's not a toy!