Honored Contributor

Re: Chik-Fil-A food chain alleges antitrust against chicken producers

@Kachina624 wrote:

I wonder if its okay to discuss chicken politics here?

Nope. The left wingers and right wingers would only fight. Woman LOL

Crispy Grilled Buffalo Wings | Recipe | Christmas humor, Funny christmas  cards, Holiday humor

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain.  LOL.  Good one!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I don't know about their issues with the poultry industry...

I don't know about their issues with the poultry industry. I don't patronize this food venue because of other issues. However, I am always disturbed at what goes on with the animals at the big mega factory farms. Not only is it cruelty to living creatures, but with the crowding of the animals, it is a wet market disaster just waiting to happen. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Be prepared-CFA has been a target for a long time for their belief system.

This thread is going to turn into another pick fest against them rather than a focus on your topic. 

Then the mods will step in and shut it down.

Forewarned.

And you just started it.

Respected Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Please, please don't mess with our chicken.  Only millionaires can afford beef and pork.  What will we eat? Tofu, I guess.  I don't care if my chicken has antibiotics....just keep it around at a reasonable price.

Pork isn't expensive. Chicken breasts are getting expensive though and I rarely buy ground beef-when I make tacos or meatloaf or something requiring ground beef, I use ground turkey.

Of pork, beef, chicken, and tofu, tofu is by far the most expensive in my area, ounce for ounce, not including premium cuts of beef. Chicken is usually the cheapest, although frequent sales on pork chops and cheaper cuts of pork (as low as 99 cents a pound, but more often $1.99/lb) often makes them the better buy, when the bone and excess skin of chicken is factored in.

Back to the topic of the thread, if the plaintiffs have gotten hold of internal documents and communications from the suppliers that back up their complaints, they may get somewhere. It would be interesting to see whether the fact that a spreadsheet can be hacked to reveal data sources is factored in, whether or not it's proven that it was hacked.

I remember when I sold on eBay, I knew it was possible to determine which buyer had "dinged" your stars in leaving feedback. Mine never got dinged so I didn't need to use it, but other sellers did, and blocked those buyers. I don't know whether eBay knew that their "anonymous" ratings system could be compromised, but if I knew it, I figure they did, too.