Honored Contributor

When we were up in Oscoda, MI one year, we took our son out TOT and had to go through the snow to do that.  So we've had snow for Halloween in our lives.

Respected Contributor

@MarnieRez3 ...OK,  I'M OFFICIALLY JEALOUS !!!   Where I live, I'd be thrilled with temps in the 70's !!!  To hot here !!

Respected Contributor

And I’ve got the air conditioning on right now. It’s so warm and muggy here today. We’re supposed to get colder weather once the front goes through.

Honored Contributor

WHen I lived in Northern Maine, it was a White Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years/Valentines/Easter and Memorial Day. 

Today, in MD it's a muggy 78 degrees with clouds, drizzel. AC is on, fans are on, it's miserable. Heavy rain is supposed to move in around 5pm with Thunderstorms, lighting and strong winds starting around 7 and going through till early AM tomorrow. Debating about son going TOT; he wants to, we'll allow it but will anyone else be out with him?

A mess!

Honored Contributor

I'm in MA and this is the 8th anniversary of our big Halloween snow storm.  Earliest snow storm on record, I remember but I hadn't realized it was 8 years ago.  It's not unusual to have snow flurries late in October but serious snow and not a storm.  This year is weird.  A lot of towns have postponed trick or treating until Saturday because it's raining and supposedly it will be very windy.  But it's warm.  It's 70 degrees now.  While the surrounding towns have postponed trick or treating, my town did not.  

Valued Contributor

I remember snow on other Halloween dates. 

There are some towns that have delayed trick or treating to this coming weekend because of the snow around here (No Illinois).

Honored Contributor

Just posted in another thread that our TOT was canceled for tonight because of the high wind. They are talking about possible winds up to 50mph.  It is being held now on Saturday in the middle of the afternoon. 

Honored Contributor

Average high in Chicago today is 56.  I don't think it made it to 36!  The wind was the problem.  Felt like a blizzard.

Friends in LV said it was 30 degrees the other night while relatives in Orlando are sweltering.  Go figah!!

Trusted Contributor

I live in a suburb of Chicago.  We had today 4 to 5 inches of snow.  Some towns were rescheduling trick-or-treat from today to tomorrow.  Our town is doing it today. The wind chill tonight is to be in the 20s.

So far we had about 10 children come to our door.  The hours were from 3:00 to 7:00.  There is only 15 minutes left, so I guess that will be it for today.  We usually average about 20 children, so I guess the snow did scare off a few.

Some of the kids were being pulled by their parents in sleds!

Esteemed Contributor

2.4" in Joliet  highest snowfall on Halloween since records have been kept   per Joliet Weather Service

we've had more trick or treaters this year than I can remember