Valued Contributor

I'm looking at the new Chevy Blazer for my daughter. I'm wondering if anyone here owns one of the newer models and if so, what are your thoughts?? Likes ,Dislikes about the vehicle.   Thanks In advance. 

Honored Contributor

@Glitter51    Ask our poster, @ccassaday   She's an expert. 

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/Our-Blazer-is-here/td-p/7005653

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Glitter51   @ccassaday  just bought one...

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Super Contributor

@Glitter51 just drove a new Blazer the other day- looks nice on the outside, the inside is comfortable but has alot of blind spots- I really wasn't that impressed- I recommend a Jeep product as that is what I drive and have for over 20 years- 

Esteemed Contributor

Woah we get ours Monday. We got the RS. We factory ordered it.09066215-725E-4ABA-BD83-9A84600AC915.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Chevy Blazer

[ Edited ]

We don't have it yet though so can't really say what are disliked and likes are . When you only test drive things might come up later the longer you drive the car.

Respected Contributor

@Glitter51  Try looking at the Insurance Institute's Highway Safety Ratings. I always check to see how they rate a vehicle, but note they are rating them against vehicles of similar size. Another poster mentioned blind spots. It seems the trend is toward very small amounts of glass toward the rear of the vehicle. I don't know who decided that was a good idea, but they were wrong! Good luck with your decision.

Respected Contributor

Yes!  I have a new '21 Blazer RS!  Bought it in April.  Mine is fully loaded with these packages:

*Enhanced Convenience Package

*Driver Confidence II Package

*Panormaic power sunroof

*21" gloss black aluminum wheels

*Cherry red tintcoat
*Illuminated Black bowtie emblem

*AWD
*Mudguards
*Red-trimmed floormats

There are NO worries about blind spots.  There are so many safety features with the Driver Confidence II Package, that even if there were blind spots (I've not noticed any), the car will alert you to any danger.  You can choose how you want to be alerted--sound, seat vibration, or both.  I use the seat vibration and love it.  All safety features can be turned off or adjusted, too.

This car is SO FUN to drive!  It has 308hp (RS version only), which is a lot for this size car.  My husband calls it a rocket.  lol  If you or your daughter are Facebook users, I highly suggest this group even though you don't have the car yet.  You'll learn a lot about it!  Smiley Happy  I was at the dealership last week, and they sell so quickly that people are buying them while they're in transit.  I bought mine on the day it arrived at the dealership as the other one I was considering had sold in transit.  If you have any specific questions, please let me know!  She will love it!  

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ChevroletBlazer  

41E0D168-DA77-4E30-A3DD-8525164F82EB.jpegDSC03436 resize 2.jpg

Respected Contributor

PS...Here's a link to the safety ratings--they are very good!

https://www.iihs.org/ratings/vehicle/chevrolet/blazer-4-door-suv/2021 

And as for dependability?  Chevrolet is ahead of most domestic vehicles!

8B73851B-3614-46FC-9883-CC3B9521B465.png

Respected Contributor

My dislikes:  I was coming from my third Ford Explorer, so it took a bit of time to get used to the Chevrolet and how to adjust/customize everything. After having it for several weeks now, my dislikes are few.  I don't like that the universal garage door remote is in the center panel by the sunroof controls.  The sunglasses holder is right in front of the garage door opener, and if I get my sunglasses out, I can't just leave the door down to put them in when I get home.  I have to shut the sunglasses holder door in order to be able to reach the garage door opener.  A minor gripe, but a gripe nonetheless.  On the Ford, the universal garage door remote was on the sunvisor, so I could reach overhead and glance up quickly to open the garage door.  With the Chevy, I have to make sure the sunglasses door is shut and glance up and to my right.  Much more convenient on the Ford.

The Ford also had the time and temp on the instrument display cluster as well as the infotainment screen.  On the Chevy, it is on the infotainment screen only.  So I have to look to my right to see either of those things.  I think Ford's instrument display cluster is better laid out with more options and is easier to access with less hoops through which to jump.

My likes:  Did I mention this car is fun to drive?  LOL  It is a head-turner, too...very, very stylish!!!  The seats heat up and cool down faster/better than the Ford.  (And my Ford Explorer was a 2019 so basicallly new.) As soon as you start the car, it will read the temperature of the car automatically and turn on the seat heaters/ventilation as well as the heated steering wheel, too.  (Again--these things can be customized in the controls.)  The sound system is really good in it.  (Bose)  The safety package is the bomb.  The infotainment system and vehicle settings in the infotainment system are very easy to navigate and customize.  The front doors have umbrella holder compartments in them.  I'm sure I'll think of more, but I really do like this car.