Trusted Contributor

Re: Chef or Maid……If You Could Have Just 1 Free Of Charge For A Year…..You Would Take ?

Someone to help me clean and organize.  (Even better, though not asked, I wish I had a personal driver.)

Trusted Contributor

Re: Chef or Maid……If You Could Have Just 1 Free Of Charge For A Year…..You Would Take ?

A maid definitely! I enjoy cooking but can't stand cleaning even though I do it regularly.

Trusted Contributor

@Abby1967 

Housecleaner!

When I was employed, I had a woman come every two weeks to clean.  She did such a wonderful job, was honest and a lovely person.

Shortly after I retired, she moved away, and I miss having that luxury.

Honored Contributor

I'm really picky when it comes to how I like my house cleaned so I'd rather do it myself and know that it IS clean. I never trusted anyone else to do what I want as far as housekeeping. 

Maybe a chef but I have to know exactly what is going into my meals before I eat it...no surprises or exotic this or that.

Valued Contributor

I’d rather a maid, but they must clean very well. Also, after dusting, I’d want them to put things back the way they found them. I’m picky that way.....I don’t mind cooking and like others said, there’s always restaurants and takeout. Probably cheaper too.
Respected Contributor

I voted for a MAID earlier & this statement reinforces my thinking ...

FB_IMG_1622905518900.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Without a doubt, the chef!

Honored Contributor

A maid but NOT for my bedrooms.  That's where anything personal would be.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Since the maid could clean up after DH or I cooked, I would pick the maid hands down. 

Honored Contributor

To be honest, what I want is a butler.  Like Mr. Carson.  Answer the phone and door, keep the pantry full, manage my household things like repairs and such, seeing what would be free, going to the errands. Pay the bills and such. 

Butler, personal assistant--something like that.  I could easier cook and clean than do that stuff.