Regular Contributor

Check your returns for refunds

I am finding returns that are not creditec to my acct. I have to go on my EP orders every so often to make sure I get refunds and that the EP is stopped...This has gone on for years. No telling how much QVC has cheated me out of on returns I didn't check later...just be aware

Valued Contributor

Re: Check your returns for refunds

[ Edited ]

Hi MaeE:

I have written step by step of how you can also very easily track your returns, which is entailed, but also very easy to do, and I hope you and others find it helpful.

When I return something anywhere I do the following and place it in a folder marked returns by my computer area.  I keep checking until I see the refund from the company and the refund in my  VIsa Card Bank Checking Account:

For all returned items I contact the Company Customer Service Dept and explain why I need to return the item, and if it came with a prepaid return shipping label I tell them to note my account , and do not charge me for the return, or deduct any amount from my full refund expected back to my VIsa Bank Card.

If the item did not come with a prepaid return label I ask if I could print one out from their website and attach to the return box, or if they can mail me a prepaid retun shipping label, and ask them to also note that on my account and ensure I receive it before my 30 day trial period expires, so I receive it and have time enough to return it back and still get my full refund. I also write the date of the telecommunication, and name of Customer Service Representative so I also have that information regarding all of my returns.

I list the item number

I list the name of the item and make a print out with photograph if applicable, of the full description of the iitem from the Company web site details page..

I list the full description including warranty period.

If returning for specific reason, examples to be circled or check marked can be various which include the following: 

Missing parts, defective, damaged, dead on arrival, previously used and not brand new, but charged brand new purchase pricing, not as described or expected,, or other.

I list the date of the VIsa Card charge

I list the full description of the price I was charged by subtotal then grand total..

If on  easy pays I list the full amount of the item and # of easy pays by month and date.

I mark the calendar when the try me trial period is close to ending which usually is 30 days to return an item for a valid reason, or as reasons listed herein.  

This system works best for me, and is so easy to track and receive all my refunds due me, with no hassles or problems remembering why, what, and when I returned items.

I also make a photocopy of any prepaid UPS or USPS return labels with track #'s so they can be easily tracked on the internet, and I also track with newgistics track # too for USPS returns.

If prepaid labels are not offered I ask if I can pay UPS or postal and call the company to let them know the track # and the full price I was charged to return the item, and if defective or missing anything relative to what I listed above I ask for a full VIsa Card refund of what I had to pay out of pocket to ship the item back without receiving the usual prepaid return shipping labels.

Esteemed Contributor

@GiantsLover wrote:

Hi MaeE:

I have written step by step of how you can also very easily track your returns, which is entailed, but also very easy to do, and I hope you and others find it helpful.

When I return something anywhere I do the following and place it in a folder marked returns by my computer area.  I keep checking until I see the refund from the company and the refund in my  VIsa Card Bank Checking Account:

For all returned items I contact the Company Customer Service Dept and explain why I need to return the item, and if it came with a prepaid return shipping label I tell them to note my account , and do not charge me for the return, or deduct any amount from my full refund expected back to my VIsa Bank Card.

If the item did not come with a prepaid return label I ask if I could print one out from their website and attach to the return box, or if they can mail me a prepaid retun shipping label, and ask them to also note that on my account and ensure I receive it before my 30 day trial period expires, so I receive it and have time enough to return it back and still get my full refund. I also write the date of the telecommunication, and name of Customer Service Representative so I also have that information regarding all of my returns.

I list the item number

I list the name of the item and make a print out with photograph if applicable, of the full description of the iitem from the Company web site details page..

If returning for specific reason, examples to be circled or check marked can be various which include the following: 

Missing parts, defective, damaged, dead on arrival, previously used and not brand new, but charged brand new purchase pricing, not as described or expected,, or other.

I list the full description of the price I was charged by subtotal then grand total..

If on  easy pays I list the full amount of the item and # of easy pays by month and date.

I mark the calendar when the try me trial period is close to ending which usually is 30 days to return an item for a valid reason, or as reasons listed herein.  

This system works best for me, and is so easy to track and receive all my refunds due me, with no hassles or problems remembering why, what, and when I returned items.

I also make a photocopy of any prepaid UPS or USPS return labels with track #'s so they can be easily tracked on the internet, and I also track with newgistics track # too for USPS returns.

If prepaid labels are not offered I ask if I can pay UPS or postal and call the company to let them know the track # and the full price I was charged to return the item, and if defective or missing anything relative to what I listed above I ask for a full VIsa Card refund of what I had to pay out of pocket to ship the item back without receiving the usual prepaid return shipping labels.

That's quite a strategy @GiantsLover .

Regular Contributor

• Your organizational skills and efficiency are both admirable and impressive! For me, all of that work sounds exhausting. I can’t say I’ve made many purchases from QVC worth that much effort, and I’ve bought a lot over the years. It seems it should be easier to track and keep up with returns and refunds without being a bookeeper. If a company like Amazon can do it, QVC can too.
Respected Contributor

Eye opener !  All the more reason I am - and have been cutting back on my purchases.  The billing/credit department needs to get up to speed.

Esteemed Contributor

@GiantsLover wrote:

Hi MaeE:

I list the item number

@GiantsLover 

And then you go take a nap right?

Honored Contributor

Nobody cares about your money more than you do.  It's a good practice to look at your refunds.

Trusted Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

Nobody cares about your money more than you do.  It's a good practice to look at your refunds.

@GCR18 Good advice. Maxine Rocks!😄 

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl 

I need a nap from just reading all of that!

My eyes glazed over, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@GiantsLover wrote:

Hi MaeE:

I list the item number

I don't think I would shop online if I had to do all that...