Respected Contributor

Re: Check out the size of this cat!

Oh My!!! He is huge. 

Respected Contributor

That makes me sad.  I've been a cat mom for decades and there is no excuse to have a cat that big.  The owner needs to cut back on food and treats, maybe get a weight management cat food.  Cat Sad

Respected Contributor

He looks like my cat rescue except mine is 21 lbs.  Not overweight.

Honored Contributor

There’s just no excuse for calling any animal or human “gross” because of weight.
Respected Contributor

hes a handsome cat and your not kidding about the litter box.

Respected Contributor

I really hope and pray that any prospective adopters are thoroughly vetted. There are some cruel people out there. This cat will need special attention and while lots of people say they want him they may not be up to giving him the care that he needs. He looks like a special boy. I would just love to give him a big kiss and tell him everything will be OK.  

Honored Contributor

What a cutie!  Hope he finds his furrever home!

Some states do not allow hybrid cats - meaning domestic crossed with ‘wild’ such Lynx, Bobcats, etc.  in that case they do carry out DNA tests.

We have. A Siamese / Main Coon cross.  She is huge & not overweight.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

What a beautiful cat!

Or is this a dog in a cat costume?🤣

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We call ours a cog, cat dog. He loves to wrestle with husband. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

Holy cat chow!

Where did Mr. B come from?  He looks like he might have some bobcat in him.  I know cats can be "big boned" and become chunky but I'm wondering if Mr. B might have some other DNA in him.

It would be interesting to find out.

Not a cat you want jumping on your lap.  LOL

I thought he might have some wild cat also.  Look at his face.  It definately looks bobcat.  That's probably why he is so big/fat.  He's not big just because he ate too much.  I would take him in a minute.

@luvmybeetle   He seems to have the side tufts on his face.  I'm not so sure that this cat is "fat" either.  Look at the size of his paws and the length of body/legs.

26 lbs isn't so much for his body size.

I would still like to know how he ended up at this shelter.  Abandoned and found in the streets?  Dropped off? 

A DNA test would be interesting.  He may not have been part of a litter between a feral and some other type of wild cat, but he could be carrying DNA from a past litter before his time.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh