Respected Contributor

Re: Check out the size of this cat!

@Mindy D  I'm right at the edge of convincing myself to stop at the shelter this afternoon after work.......it would take me less than 5 minutes to get there from my office.  Bet there's a long waiting list in front of me though. And I think he's only 2 yrs old and I wouldnt want any furry friend of mine to be left alone if I die first, which is why I am holding off......

Here's some info about the place:

"Founded in 1874, the Morris Animal Refuge is America’s First Animal Shelter. We are committed to adoption, education and high-quality care, and as an open-admission shelter, we have never turned an animal away"

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

Holy cat chow!

Where did Mr. B come from?  He looks like he might have some bobcat in him.  I know cats can be "big boned" and become chunky but I'm wondering if Mr. B might have some other DNA in him.

It would be interesting to find out.

Not a cat you want jumping on your lap.  LOL

I’m dying to find out a boy put this cats DNA. Take a look at the birth of his tail! 

Respected Contributor

Nah, ain't no bobcats in Philly, at least I dont think so LOL!

Respected Contributor

There is a breed of cats that get this big....The Maine Coon is the largest domestic cat breed that does not have a recent ancestral relationship to wild cats in the way that the Savannah cat does. They are personable and friendly without being overly demanding, and can weigh from 10-15lb for females and 15-25lb for males. (Look it up in your search mode of choice. There are some beautiful pics,) My daughter’s friend has one and she is beautiful and BIG!
Trusted Contributor

I saw him yesterday. I love him!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’ll bet he has some Maine Coon in him. Facial shape looks like a British Short Hair. He’s Mr. Charming.

Honored Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

Nah, ain't no bobcats in Philly, at least I dont think so LOL!

Maybe sitings in Cobbs Creek? Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

I’ll bet he has some Maine Coon in him.

My neighbor down the hall from me has a Maine Coon.  It's very large - 25+lbs.  Looks like a bear cub.

I am another one that thinks that cat is mixed w/a large breed cat.  I suspect that is why further testing is being done by the vet.  The woman in the pic I feel jumped the gun about "adoption" before all the facts are known about that cat.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

I’ll bet he has some Maine Coon in him.

My neighbor down the hall from me has a Maine Coon.  It's very large - 25+lbs.  Looks like a bear cub.

I am another one that thinks that cat is mixed w/a large breed cat.  I suspect that is why further testing is being done by the vet.  The woman in the pic I feel jumped the gun about "adoption" before all the facts are known about that cat.

She works in the adoption shelter. It’s doubtful that the shelter would do any DNA testing. It’s costly for them. If I was his owner, I’d definitely do it. I’m so curious about him. 

Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D
I bet you're right about having some Maine Coon in him. Look at the size of his hind paws!

@PhilaLady1
If you stop at the shelter, please tell us about it.