QVC Customer Care

Re: Check out the size of this cat!

This post has been removed by QVC because it is off topic

Respected Contributor

I would agree with some posters that he doesn't look fat just

seems to be a larger cat ... or cross breed of some sort ...

Look at the size of his back paws ......

Honored Contributor

A few years ago, I saw a large cat at a cat show that was similar in size and appearance to this one.  He was gorgeous, and very mellow and friendly. His owner was holding him and allowing people to take photos of him.  He clearly had a great life and was loved.  

Maybe the cat in the OP is just a very big cat...maybe it’s overweight.   Doesn’t matter to me...I just hope it finds a loving home.  

Honored Contributor

He's a big boy, but it shouldn't take much to slim him down. I had a female tiger kitty, my first cat and she loved to eat and got too fat. We just didn't fill the cat dish up every time it was empty and instead fed her twice a day. Muffy was slim in 4 weeks and never put the weight back on.

Honored Contributor

I don't think he's fat, he's just a very large cat . I read yesterday that he was taken to the shelter because his family could no longer care for him. He's gorgeous.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I googled "Can a bobcat breed with a domestic cat?"   This was the answer:

Yes, it happens more often than we think. Usually it's a male bobcat breeding with a house cat. ... There are rare occasions out in the wild when no male of the species is available and a cat will allow a male of another cat species breed, like a liger, a lion and tiger.Jul 26, 2017

Image result for can a bobcat reproduce with a feral cat?

42226A89-CC58-4DD4-B6CC-F7A48B34D49B.jpeg

The bobcat in the first photo bears a striking resemblance to Mr. B. 

Honored Contributor

@NYwoman wrote:

Look at that precious face!   I understand that he is Bengal / Maine Coon which would explain his size.   Bengals are active cats that like to jump on things!   He could use some walks on a leash as I would be afraid neighbors would mistake him for a wild animal.   It would take a special person with a big house and enclose yard and commitment to exercise to own this sweet thing.  

This is unknown. We are just guessing.

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

I googled "Can a bobcat breed with a domestic cat?"   This was the answer:

Yes, it happens more often than we think. Usually it's a male bobcat breeding with a house cat. ... There are rare occasions out in the wild when no male of the species is available and a cat will allow a male of another cat species breed, like a liger, a lion and tiger.Jul 26, 2017

Image result for can a bobcat reproduce with a feral cat?

42226A89-CC58-4DD4-B6CC-F7A48B34D49B.jpeg

The bobcat in the first photo bears a striking resemblance to Mr. B. 

@golding76   Yes-the tail is quite close to the bobcat.

And the markings just on the top of their heads.

I am really leaning to some type of hybrid - he may not have been from a litter between domesticated cat and bobcat but his lineage could have had such a pairing somewhere.

The DNA could defnitely skip others in the litter or a whole generation.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh