Trusted Contributor

@surfk wrote:

Cheating is cheating. It barely matters with whom one decides to cheat.

An in-home worker is simply easier...with whom to fall into some sort of inapproprate relationship since they've already been invited into the intimacy of the family home.

And in celebrity homes where a nanny, for instance, is required because at least one parent (or spouse) is often absent, its only more likely to happen. People - even famous ones I imagine - like a sense of family. Even if that may mean that  busty Nanny No-No has to fill in for mommy in more ways than one.

Also, its a perfect cover for a chronic cheater. It takes just that much more time to fully figure out that its an affair - with kids in tow - rather than just a lonely daddy with the nanny & kids because mommy is too busy running a Fortune 500 company.

Its why the gardener or cabana boy is so popular with the rich married ladies in return. It takes at least half a summer season for people not just to joke that mommy is flirting with him but that, instead, there's a whole lot of extra-marital whoopie happening out at the poolhouse.

Yes, this is an easy option for chronic cheaters.  Very easy!! 

Honored Contributor

Sadly it happens in all kinds of circumstances.  I had two women friends in the 90's one was a minister's wife and she slept (in the family home) with the young man they moved in to help with their church until he could find his own place.  Divorce after months of cheating.  This was a young family with several young children

The other woman lived next door for years to a family and watched their son grow up then one day when he was 17 and she in her mid 30's they began their affair.  I could not stomach it and said goodbye to her and soon her family was destroyed as well. 

Not just celebrities or the hired help involved. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

It happens.  I don't anything about Rossdale, I don't even know who he is, so I didn't read the story.  However, when the nanny stuff came out regarding Ben and Jen; I wondered wtf was Jen thinking when she hired a nanny who looked like that!  I don't know if there was an affair but I do think any wife who hires some gorgeous, young, secksy blond thing as a nanny....and the husband is a very rich, very famous, good looking movies star....well, that woman is out of her mind.  You might as well put your man on a platter and call it a buffet.  Not to mention that gorgeous young things like that are on the prowl for rich husbands.  That's why they work as nannies.  You want a nanny, look for Mrs Doubtfire types. 

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

Seems to be trending in the celebrity splits, first Affleck now Rossdale...........

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/gwen-stefani-gavin-rossdale-divorce-nanny-rumors-behind-split/...

So sad. What I see of Gwen on The Voice is she seems to be a kind person. You have to wonder why these guys throw it all away when they have a beautiful wife, great children, and plenty of money. Smiley Sad

You gotta be kidding.  There are several reasons why the men do it.  But if you don't know what those reasons are by now, I'm not going to be the one to explain it to you...lol   It would be censored anyway. 

Respected Contributor

@MickD wrote:

I didn't know that was the issue with garner and affleck......tacky.

We don't know that it was.  Reports are saying that there was not affair but Affleck considered her to be a friend and someone he could talk to about his marriage woes.   I suspect Affleck might have thought of her as a friend....but hot nanny, though of him as her future husband and golden goose...lol  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

We don't know that it was.  Reports are saying that there was not affair but Affleck considered her to be a friend and someone he could talk to about his marriage woes.   I suspect Affleck might have thought of her as a friend....but hot nanny, though of him as her future husband and golden goose...lol  

He was flying her across the country, I'd have a really hard time believing it was just for conversation....

Honored Contributor

Jude Law - newly married to Sienna Miller; she left him a year later

Ethan Hawke - divorced Uma Thurman and married the nanny after she went back to college and finished her degree; they now have children of their own and are still married.

Valued Contributor

Re: Cheating With The Help

[ Edited ]

Sex and the City (the movie sequel, 2010) had it right.

The sexy Irish nanny no woman would want her husband around ...until she finds out she's not into men. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHYu4a26EjE

(Oh, its just better in French). lol

Super Contributor

Schwarzeneggar's mistress (hired help) was neither young or pretty. A pig is a pig is a pig and the nannies whether pretty or ugly aren't solely to blame for the men straying.

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

Seems to be trending in the celebrity splits, first Affleck now Rossdale...........

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/gwen-stefani-gavin-rossdale-divorce-nanny-rumors-behind-split/...

So sad. What I see of Gwen on The Voice is she seems to be a kind person. You have to wonder why these guys throw it all away when they have a beautiful wife, great children, and plenty of money. Smiley Sad

I hear you, but usually things only seem great on the surface.  Who knows what kind of things were really going on in their relationship. Supposedly, this split was a long time coming.