Honored Contributor

Charter Spectrum Tribune Broadcasting Dispute

Has anyone noticed the effect the dispute between Charter Spectrum and Tribune Broadcasting is having on their viewing habits? This is in the fifth day and Spectrum customers have been cut off from the CW and Antenna TV ( not sure what else). I called Spectrum to voice my displeasure, didn't really do any good, but I wanted them to know I am aware of what's going on and don't appreciate it. I asked if customers will be getting a credit on their bill for withholding these channels, and was more or less told to call them and see what they can do. Why is it it's always the customer who suffers when two companies get into a fight?  In the end it will be settled and we the customers will pay for the increase, cut to the chase and settle this NOW!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Charter Spectrum Tribune Broadcasting Dispute

[ Edited ]

In my market all that's been affected is the WGN channel.   I don't watch anything on it, so I didn't realize until I saw the notice when I was logging into my email and there was a banner on the page, so I followed it to find out what was affected here.

Just checked to verify and 'Antenna TV' and 'The CW' are still unaffected here.   

I guess the company that owns some cable channels doesn't own them in every market.  Seems odd to me, but then I don't know anything about this sort of thing.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I'm glad you started this thread.  I do miss Antenna - The new schedule looks great.  Besides that channel, we're also missing Channel 11 WPIX.  Glad this didn't begin til after New Years.  Would've been disappointing to miss the Yule Log and Honeymooners Marathon.

Trusted Contributor

I agree with you, Spectrum states that Tribune is trying to overcharge them and raise the price of their channels.  I feel thats exactly what Spectrum is doing to me as a customer constantly raising their rates.  I know I could cancel cable but I do enjoy certain programs.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have Spectrum and I'm in the Cleveland area. We lost our local Fox (WJW) and WGN stations. We still have Antenna TV and CW.  Our local WJW is the news channel we always watched.  I don't watch much else on that channel but we really miss it for the news.

Someone I know called Spectrum yesterday to complain and said he wasn't paying his bill. They told him they would shut off his cable.  LOL  He asked about getting a credit and he was told there would be a credit.  I wonder how much, if any, that will be.    

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am in Southeastern Wisconsin and it has affected Fox and WGN, I don't wat ch much on that channel except for Empire, but that is on hiatus until Spring. Hopefully things will be fixed by then............So aggravating!!!!!  

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

We still have CW but I don't think we ever had Antenna. This happens all the time when cable companies are negotiating with stations.

Honored Contributor

In the Los Angeles area, our Channel 5 is blank. Well, actually it's not blank; a voice drones on and on lambasting the other side. It's almost comical.

Just as long as we can still watch Netflix and Amazon, we don't really care.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

In my market all that's been affected is the WGN channel.   I don't watch anything on it, so I didn't realize until I saw the notice when I was logging into my email and there was a banner on the page, so I followed it to find out what was affected here.

Just checked to verify and 'Antenna TV' and 'The CW' are still unaffected here.   

I guess the company that owns some cable channels doesn't own them in every market.  Seems odd to me, but then I don't know anything about this sort of thing.  Smiley Happy

Same in my area.

Respected Contributor

lower sw michigan here. our local neighborhood facebook page always people ranting about the high cost of cable. now, they are trying to avoid unreasonable price hikes.Charter can't win with customers, no matter what they do. i do have a couple of shows, on fox and will watch on a tv with antenna.