Honored Contributor

WM must pick and choose where they give free shipping.  Just today I ordered something with a cost of $9.99 and I didn't have to buy anything else to get free shipping.

I also noticed that they are currently not offering rebates on MrRebate.  That was a surprise because I always go through MrR.  

Honored Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

@suzyQ3 

Anyone who bought 100s of rolls of toilet paper, cases of wipes and cleaners, more flour than they could ever use in a year, is a hoarder. What do you call a good number of backups? A couple of extra packs of toilet paper is a backup. 100 rolls is a hoard. Backups are good. Hoards are not. 

@Buffalogal47, you can't put a number on it. You have no clue as to each households' needs.

The only actionable move that relates here is buying in bulk and then selling them at gouged prices. In some states it's a misdemeanor; in others, a civil matter.

And I think that responsibility ultimately lies with the physical and online retailers to limit the amounts that people can buy.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I just ordered Charmin toilet paper, Bounty paper towels, dishwasher detergent and Dawn antibacterial dish soap from Costco to be delivered.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

I saw the charmin on Walmart.com for delivery and i ordered it.  Ticks me off when the others said for instore pick up only.  I am high risk and I am not about walking into any store and you can't get it curbside pickup either.  

----------------   

Agree!!    I am not going into any store any time soon. Am on TP Subscribe with Amazon, but my last order was about ten days overdue!!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Nightowlz    It varies from day to day but today my Walmart pick-up service is offering a choice of Scott, Cottonelle, Great Value or Angel Soft TP.  Last week, I got Charmin and Quilted Northern.

@Kachina624 

I ordered Cottonelle for WM pickup Sunday. They didn’t have it when it came time to pick it up. I think I’ll try ordering it and nothing else or maybe something else they didn’t have, every few days. Eventually, I may even get some!

I have several weeks worth of TP left but, based on what I’ve read, I decided I’d better start trying to get some now. And, even though I prefer double rolls, I realized that I’d better shop for mega rolls right now!

My new hobby is reporting price gougers selling TP on Amazon. $38 for a single package of TP? Right.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Nightowlz    It varies from day to day but today my Walmart pick-up service is offering a choice of Scott, Cottonelle, Great Value or Angel Soft TP.  Last week, I got Charmin and Quilted Northern.

@Kachina624 

Each time I have placed an order for pick up tp was not available to order. 

I asked the girl that brought out my groceries if they had tp & she said yes. I asked her why you could not order it online with your groceries to pick up. She said she did not know it was just their policy? I have always been able to order it with my groceries for pick up until the pandemic.

That's ok I started buying it by the case in Feb so I would not have to hassle with it. I will contiune buying by the case when they are available.

@Nightowlz 

Keep checking the TP. My WM kept saying in store purchase only and finally allowed me to order TP for pickup last weekend. Of course, they ran out and I didn’t get any but I hope to eventually get lucky and get a package.

Esteemed Contributor

I get pick up at my local Jewel grocery (Chicago burbs). The guy told me no tips. I said how will they know and handed him a nice tip from my gloved hand to his gloved hand. They deserve it mightily.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 

Oh, come on now! You saw the feeding frenzy back in March and early April!  There is no excuse for the nonsense that went on. With very few exceptions, the chaos in the stores was pure, unmitigated selfishness and greed. The result is bare shelves in the stores so that people who truly need essentials can't find them. For you to shift responsibilty to the stores is unconscionable. People are responsible for their own actions and those actions have made it necessary for the stores to ration products. At least the stores have stopped accepting returns so that all of those selfish fools who overbought are now stuck with the stuff. They can't sell it because Amazon and eBay won't allow it. All of those people who bought more essentials than they can use in 10 years need to face some kind of consequences for their selfishness and greed, either in this life or the next. 

Respected Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

@suzyQ3 

Anyone who bought 100s of rolls of toilet paper, cases of wipes and cleaners, more flour than they could ever use in a year, is a hoarder. What do you call a good number of backups? A couple of extra packs of toilet paper is a backup. 100 rolls is a hoard. Backups are good. Hoards are not. 

A person with IBD may need a great more toilet paper than someone without  such an illness. One hundred rolls actually amounts to about four 24-roll packs or three 36-roll packs. Doesn't seem excessive when you think of it that way.

The stores have to set the limits.

Honored Contributor

Re: Charmin Toilet Paper

[ Edited ]

I decided to try ordering from WM in the middle of the week. I was able to order a smaller package of Northern; 6 mega rolls = 24 regular rolls. How is that a small package!?

I also ordered other things they were out of Sunday. Eggs and grass fed ground beef. I was able to order 2 of each. Meat and eggs (and everything else, too) have been limited every time I have looked but sometimes the number allowed is more or less. Fingers crossed I get all this!