Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

@Witchy Woman 

It's simple. The stores are rationing paper products now because of people who have plenty but keep on buying. They are otherwise known as hoarders. Hoarding during a national emergency should be considered a felony. 

@Buffalogal47, define what "hoarding" is. I have a good amount of back-ups. Perhaps I have committed a felony.

@suzyQ3, someone will be knocking on your door in about 20 minutes.  Smiley Very Happy

I have never in my life ran out of TP.  Yesterday was the first time I bought any since before all of this began.  I don't hoard it but I always have at least 3 packs in my linen closet.

Honored Contributor
@drizzellla. Skid rows huh? 😄
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@drizzellla. Skid rows huh? 😄

Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Buffalogal47 

Yes, many things being limited in my area of Maryland and I'm thankful.  Otherwise, the stores would be wiped out for sure.  

Early on, I wanted some alcohol to make hand sanitizer for my husband.  I couldn't find hand sanitizer, so I decided to make my own.

My husband cannot always find water to wash up on the job (contractor).  One morning while shopping my local Food Lion, I found the alcohol I needed.

A woman there was grabbing every bottle she could and I stepped up and picked up one.  She asked me, "is there a limit?"  I said, "no, but there should be."  Then, she lamented I had gotten the ONE bottle of 90% alcohol on the shelf.  I just looked at her and walked away. 

As I said, I have plenty of TP, so I'm not buying right now. 

But, I agree that some of the shortages are from people overbuying.  I understand they are nervous and scared and don't want to come out very often, so I just try to let it go.

Honored Contributor
The Dollar Tree here had one little four pack of generic tp. Each roll was so small it would not last more than a few days. Have never seen Charmin there.
Esteemed Contributor

A few weeks ago, I ordered a large pack of toilet paper from Walmart - and I added 6 jars of jam - so I qualified for free shipping. I rec'd the jam --- but the day the toilet paper was supposed to be delivered - it wasn't. Not Nice Walmart!!!!

Honored Contributor
I braved the WM near me to get potting soil. I was surprised to see them fully stocked with TP and paper towels, facial tissue, etc. price looks like it was almost double what I have paid in the past, but have never bought it there. The whole store looked like it had plenty of everything except liquid soap, isopropyl alcohol of any strength, or hand sanitizer. They had a sign at the door saying all liquid hand soap and hand sanitizer was out of stock.
Trusted Contributor

@CoffeeNut :

Easter was 2 weeks ago. You mean you still have 15 packages of Resses peanut butter eggs? I would have scarfed them up by now!

Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

A few weeks ago, I ordered a large pack of toilet paper from Walmart - and I added 6 jars of jam - so I qualified for free shipping. I rec'd the jam --- but the day the toilet paper was supposed to be delivered - it wasn't. Not Nice Walmart!!!!

@kivah, that would really upset me. I hope, at least, that you love jam.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 

Anyone who bought 100s of rolls of toilet paper, cases of wipes and cleaners, more flour than they could ever use in a year, is a hoarder. What do you call a good number of backups? A couple of extra packs of toilet paper is a backup. 100 rolls is a hoard. Backups are good. Hoards are not.