Trusted Contributor
I am really surprised no post here this morning. I have to say CBS Sunday Morning is a show I rarely miss. I watch very little TV but on Sunday mornings it has been a staple. I hope they keep the same theme for the show and am thrilled they selected Jane Pauley as successor.

He seems like a very happy person, I hope that he and his wife enjoy the retirement.
Honored Contributor

I too love CBS Sunday Morning. Charles Osgood is such a calm, dignified gentleman. I think that it's good news about Jane Pauley, I always enjoyed her when she filled in, and don't you love Mo Rocca ??

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor
I do like Mo Rocca:-)
Valued Contributor

I too will miss him, he had such great topics and delivered them with grace . I shall have to check out the radio show.

Contributor

One of my favorite weekly shows. I've learned so much about things I never really thought about.

His song toward the end brought a tear to my eye. Such a sweet man.

Honored Contributor

I am so happily retired that I am always glad to see anyone reach retirement. I hope he has a long and happy one.

Honored Contributor

Charles Osgood,

Image result for retirement images

Honored Contributor

Jane Pauley,

Image result for good luck images

Respected Contributor

I try never to miss this most interesting show. Loved Charles Osgood on it - a perfect fit.  A calm, dignified man on what was usually a calm, dignified, interesting show.  I especially watch for the end of year show when they pay tribute to all those who have passed during the year.

My jury is still out on Jane Pauley.  Frankly I prefer a male host, but we'll see how it goes.  Just not a great fan of female television hosts.

Trusted Contributor

I missed Charles Kuralt when he left and I will miss Charles Osgood, too.  It is even sadder because Charles Osgood did not want to leave – he was pushed out.  He did a good job of refusing to say he was “stepping down” or “retiring” or any other reference that made it look like it was his choice. 

Both men had a slow, deep, almost melodic voice that was soothing and relaxing to hear.  I have a hard time with Jane Pauley’s voice…she uses her “professional” voice on air rather than her natural voice and that bothers me.   It strikes me as phony, even affected, and as a result less credible in a way; I find a natural voice to be more sincere.  I am sure she is a delightful person in real life and totally trustworthy.  Sorry, it is just an idiosyncrasy of mine.  I would have liked Harry Smith or Mo Rocca…even Steve Hartman would have been good.  They all have calm yet distinctive voices that pull you into the stories they tell.

I didn’t see Steve Hartman do a tribute today, did I miss it?  If not, that is odd because he is a regular.  I also thought Bill Geist would have a small taped segment and I didn’t see him either.  Maybe I was walking the dog when they came on.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.