Honored Contributor

Re: Charging admission to your wedding?

I wouldn't attend.  

Honored Contributor

I would not attend and probably would not even respond to the RSVP.  An invite worthy of the trash can.

Honored Contributor

I wonder how many will show up.

We once received a wedding invitation that included a card stating that if you were going to be so generous as to gift them, please make it cash.

RSVP'd - 0 will attend.

Honored Contributor

Actually, I would go.  That's cheap for a wedding because the $50 would be my gift.  Not a bad deal!!!

Honored Contributor

I question the ethics of the person marrying these people.

Esteemed Contributor

Weddings these days are getting completely out of hand financially......along w/destination bachelor/bachlorette parties.

Expecting guests to pay for everything is rude and greedy, as another poster put it.  If you can't afford your own wedding, elope!  Don't expect everyone else to pay for it.

Trusted Contributor

@kaydee50   I was thinking that, too. I bet the bride figured $50 to get into the wedding, and then an additional monetary gift 💵. Not gonna happen. 

Honored Contributor

I would charge her 100. for my RSVP.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

I showed this  post to my son before he left for work this morning.He's getting married in the Fall.His response "cheap, tacky & stupid". I agree!

My son then pulled out his phone & showed me a picture of a wedding invitation his fiancé recieved.On the bottom in smaller bold print it said"We can't wait to celebrate with you. We know you won't mind covering the cost of your food & drink @ $105 pp".

My son said he & his fiancé spent the last few days laughing.He said that she already declined  "the tacky invite ". What's crazy is that he said they usually gift $200 when they attend a fancy wedding.The fact that it was requested turned them off.
   What's wrong with people? This takes gift grabbing to a whole new level.

Valued Contributor

I would have RSVP by sending this 261167f72987c0cdc4109fb07dca399f.jpg