Honored Contributor

Charging admission to your wedding?

[ Edited ]

Just saw a post on Reddit....a bride-to-be is charging a $50 entrance fee to get into her wedding. Supposedly this fee will get you on the “exclusive guest list” so you don’t have to wait in line to get inside the wedding chapel. She is expecting guests to send the fee with their rsvp card....I predict a lot of “ decline” cards. Wonder if the groom will decline? The bride says she wants to recoup her wedding expenses.....

I would never attend a wedding if I was expected to pay $50 to get in...and I am sure an actual gift will be expected also! Would you actually pay a fee to attend a wedding? I just can’t get over the fact anyone would have the nerve to ask guests to do this.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Charging admission to your wedding?

crazy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Oh! The times we are living in!

Esteemed Contributor

How rude and greedy!!!!

Honored Contributor

Would you send back an rsvp card with $50? I would cross out “ chicken or fish” and write in “ prime filet”🤗
Respected Contributor

I think I'd go, just to see how it turned out. That would be my gift though.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

Just saw a post on Reddit....a bride-to-be is charging a $50 entrance fee to get into her wedding. Supposedly this fee will get you on the “exclusive guest list” so you don’t have to wait in line to get inside the wedding chapel. She is expecting guests to send the fee with their rsvp card....I predict a lot of “ decline” cards. Wonder if the groom will decline? The bride says she wants to recoup her wedding expenses.....

I would never attend a wedding if I was expected to pay $50 to get in...and I am sure an actual gift will be expected also! Would you actually pay a fee to attend a wedding? I just can’t get over the fact anyone would have the nerve to ask guests to do this.

@lovesrecess 

Oh, I do hope you're watching how it progresses.  Never been on Reddit, but can you read others' posts?  I bet some of the comments are rather  .... spirited.  LOL

Respected Contributor

That boggles my mind.  If it was a close relative where it would create family hard feelings if I didn't go, I would probably send the fifty bucks and bring a small token gift to the wedding....like a $25 gift.

if it was a more distant relative or a friend, I would send my regrets.

i think it's totally tacky to request that, though.  

Esteemed Contributor

Hosted by Bridezilla, no doubt.

Honored Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

How rude and greedy!!!!

The big question is , anyone stupid enough to go lol