Honored Contributor

Charges against Spacey were dropped.

It's not a surpise since the compliantant took advantage of his 5th Amendment rights and refused to testify.  There was no case if he wouldn't testify.  It didn't pass the sniff test from day one and if the allegations had not been against Kevin Spacey, no charges would ever have been filed.  First the cell phone "disappeared".  Then they dropped the civil suit (it cannot be reopened)  and then the guy takes the 5th.  It's obvious that it  was always about the civil suit, the guy and his family just wanted to squeeze money out of Spacey but it blew up in their faces.     

Valued Contributor

Re: Charges against Spacey were dropped.

It just emphasizes how false charges can destroy a person's life and/or career. So many of these allegations against famous people are bogus, complainants just looking for some cash.

Esteemed Contributor

@zitawins wrote:

It just emphasizes how false charges can destroy a person's life and/or career. So many of these allegations against famous people are bogus, complainants just looking for some cash.

The complaintant probably got alot of cash for his silence.  The wealthy and powerful get away with alot.

Honored Contributor

@hopi  I don't believe that is the case in this situation. It could very easily come back and bite Spacey in the tush if he did such a thing; there is ALWAYS someone out there willing to be bought for a HIGHER price. It does NOT pay in this day and age to do this; you'll be found out in the end.

Respected Contributor

the civil case had already been dropped

the kid - who was 18 in 2016  btw and an adult -  never came forward (AFAIK).  His mother came forward. His mother had deleted the contents of his cell phone claiming frat boy activities.

Honored Contributor

It is pathetic that people have to ruin an actor's reputation for money.  I hope Kevin is able to rebuild his career.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

It is pathetic that people have to ruin an actor's reputation for money.  I hope Kevin is able to rebuild his career.

I do too, outstanding actor. 

Esteemed Contributor

This is so sad. He lost a great show and his career and reputation. 

Honored Contributor

There was always quite a bit about these accusations that didn't smell right... That said, sadly, true or false, it appears these were among a number of similar accusations leveled against the actor by various others.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@@

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

I do too, outstanding actor. 

So do I.  I saw him in person at a theatre in town a couple of years ago.  What talent.