Honored Contributor

Re: Changing my vote for different favorite season.

I hope you don't regret your vote.  Smiley Happy

My ranking:

1). Spring

2)  Fall

3)  Winter (snow is okay because we don't get much in SE PA)

4)  Summer  (I really. really dislike the humidity)

Frequent Contributor

Fall - it is when summer is over and farthest away.

I am in the southeast where summer is horrible and seems endless. Outside is just humid, sweat and bugs; inside is closed windows and air conditioning.

Honored Contributor

1. Summer!  I live for it and look forward to it!

2.  Fall.  I dislike everything about it because the days get shorter and it gets chilly.

3.  Winter.  Just hunker down and endure.

4.  Spring.  Most hated, and I dread it all year.  Hail and tornadoes.  

Honored Contributor

1. Spring.

2. Summer.

3. Fall.

4. Winter. 

I won't be truly warm again until sometime in May. I don't mind the heat at all, but the cold just kills me.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal,  spring is my favorite.  Love the slow unfolding of new growth, crocuses, snowdrops, the bright blaze of forsythia.   And birdsong coming back.

But my second favorite is Indian summer.  In the middle of glorious fall, you suddenly have a few blue/gold days again, not quite as hot as "real summer".   A fleeting visitation of 'Summer' with a cool, quickening edge.

Respected Contributor

Spring is my favorite season. Living in the Northeast, I love seeing everything turn green. The crocus and forsythia are the first flowers to bloom in my yard. Then comes the lilacs ( my

favorite) with their delicious, intoxicating fragrance. The azaleas

and lily of the valley are next. We have a hill beneath our pine trees that is covered with lily of the valley. It is amazing that a tiny white flower releases their beautiful fragrance. Tiny purple violets bloom in my lawn.

Our trees are full of the songbirds and squirrels building their nests. The ducks return for the cracked corn that we feed them.

The days are getting a little longer and the sun feels so good after a long winter. When it is warm enough, I love to

sit on my porch and read , make sea glass jewelry or color in

my books.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal 

I've been a spring lover for quite a few years now!  Yes, it is unpredictable but I love the fact also that I know winter is well on it's way out the door --- good riddance!  We might still get a few cold days, we might still get a snow shower, but the worst of it is over!  And the big thing for me is ---- I see the signs of LIFE!  Plants and flowers and trees starting to show green and budding!  A renewal!  Way back when, when I was much, much, younger, I used to think fall was my season.  But I was drawn to it because of the fall colors, crisp air and Halloween!  But it WAS short, as you wrote, and winter came fast and hard!  Spring is queen in my eyes!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

My favorite season has always been Winter followed by Fall.