New Contributor

Changes in content and attitude

I'm not a shrinking violet or have lead a sheltered life by any means. But I am extremely disappointed in the current drift on language and content.

QVC has been one of the last casual but classy business's. Even with positive references to faith.

I like the over 50 campaign being over 50 myself, but I could do without the BS reference in Mally's spot and the major attitude on display by some people. Confident, strong and fun are good things, but you don't need to be so edgy.

Really taken back about the unfiltered show starting with Shawn and saw one question was "What is your favorite curse word?" Really?

Does everything have to go somewhat trashy?

You all are so much better than this. Thank you for your time.

Dedicated customer,
Johnna H, Ohio 🤔
Trusted Contributor

Re: Changes in content and attitude

@farm girl 12   I think the Q is showing products, vendors, influencers from around the country to hopefully connect with each of us.   Do I think this is perfect, no but I think it's a good try.  So I'm in a pretty diverse community with lots of choices to spend my monies but I still comparison shop & like that the Q spends more time, in my opinion, of showing me what it is/how its used/what to do with it, etc.  And, do I shop here, sometimes as I just placed several orders for Christmas presents but I also shop others.  Again, I like the options the Q offers.

Honored Contributor

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that trashy is in the eye of the beholder. QVC is trying to appeal to a diverse group of customers, and there will always be some that will not approve of their methods. For me, as long as their remarks are not racist or disrespectful of the handicapped, I'm good. We will never all agree on what is appropriate behavior, however if the Q offers a good product at a competitive price I won't judge them too harshly. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@farm girl 12 wrote:

I'm not a shrinking violet or have lead a sheltered life by any means. But I am extremely disappointed in the current drift on language and content.

QVC has been one of the last casual but classy business's. Even with positive references to faith.

I like the over 50 campaign being over 50 myself, but I could do without the BS reference in Mally's spot and the major attitude on display by some people. Confident, strong and fun are good things, but you don't need to be so edgy.

Really taken back about the unfiltered show starting with Shawn and saw one question was "What is your favorite curse word?" Really?

Does everything have to go somewhat trashy?

You all are so much better than this. Thank you for your time.

Dedicated customer,
Johnna H, Ohio 🤔

@farm girl 12.  When you post here, the only people l8kely to see your message are other customers, many of whom undoubtedly agree with you.

If you want management to see what you've got to say, contact this address by mail or phone.  There is n9 email address.

1000001132.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@farm girl 12  Welcome to the boards.  Maybe it is a regional opinion because I'm from Ohio, too, and I agree w/you 110%!!

Honored Contributor

@farm girl 12,

Pin page

Frequent Contributor

@farm girl 12 

Nothing surprises me social media changed everything.

Ann Landers: She would be shocked. 

It's everywhere, lack of manners. 

Ann Landers: published article "class" true meaning.

For anyone interested you'll find it online. 

Welcome to the forum. 💗

Honored Contributor

The CEO has talked about entertaining viewers for at least 5-6 years. I don't know how he and others at Q define entertainment but this isn't it. 

I find the menopause monday, over 50, and other marketing ploys targeting older women to be condescending at best.

It's just a bunch of middle aged women fighting for attention, telling personal stories, and seeing who can be most obnoxious, while selling the same old, same old stuff. 

Esteemed Contributor

@farm girl 12 , Welcome to the Boards

I agree with everything you have said.  That is why I avoid watching certain shows, certain hosts.  I don't care what some may think, my opinion is that class and good manners never go out of style.  Obviously, the powers that be are ok lowering behavior.

New Contributor

Thank you for the Welcome's. 😁