Respected Contributor

Re: Changes in Our Shopping Venues: Local Macy's to Become Movie Theatre, Plus

[ Edited ]

For years, since Macy's bought out the age-old Hecht Company department store chain  in the Washington, DC, area, It has become obvious  that it would be foolish to keep two Macy's stores literally across the road from each other in McLean, VA, (Fairfax County).

I'm only surprised it has taken this long to even talk about closing one of them, and as far as I'm concerned, the one at the Galleria (known to local folks as Tysons II)  is the one that should go away.

Macy's in the Galleria at Tysons II is not the type of high-end store more prevalent in that mall.........whereas it is an important anchor store in the main Tysons Mall across the street.

(All above comments are my opinion only, having lived only a few  miles from that area for almost all of my life.)

Honored Contributor

I'm so disappointed to learn some Macys are closing.  I love shopping at Macys.  We have one nice one in Indianapolis and there's a nice one in Cincinnati at Kenwood Mall and in Louisville, KY near St. Matthews.  These are nice and clean and remodeled Macys.

I saw a shirt for $30 at Target recently. I found a similar one at Macys-on sale and with coupons that was less money than one at Target.  Macys at times has phenomenal prices with their coupons and sales.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@just bee  Usually when a store is located at a Mall, then the store has to be open whenever the mall is open.  So, I would think that Hobby Lobby would have to be open on Sunday in order to be located at that mall.  

I remember when we had an eye doctor's/prescription glasses office inside the mall.  They were open whenever the mall was open, including Sundays, holidays (Easter, 4th of July, etc...).  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@just bee  Usually when a store is located at a Mall, then the store has to be open whenever the mall is open.  So, I would think that Hobby Lobby would have to be open on Sunday in order to be located at that mall.  

I remember when we had an eye doctor's/prescription glasses office inside the mall.  They were open whenever the mall was open, including Sundays, holidays (Easter, 4th of July, etc...).  

@CAcableGirl2

All Hobby Lobby stores are closed on Sunday.  I doubt they've changed their policy, but we shall see.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~