Honored Contributor

Re: Changed my mind about forum choices

@Shanus wrote:

I don't have my credit info here (just put it in online if I order). I don't see where PorBoards even asked for credit info.

I don't like that that the other site says "I'm online" when just reading posts. That doesn't say "private" to me, but in a different way. I often go through and just read here without posting. It isn't necessary to be announced.

@Shanus    I believe on this board there's a way to determine if you're online.  I often see that info posted in the column on the left side of the screen.

Since I never sign out of the Proforum, I'm always on line, but who cares?  What could anyone possibly do with that juicy tidbit of information? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@patbz wrote:

Originally I thought I would stay here, do Pro Boards and also FB but cancelled Q FB ( no fun just a running commercial) and now I am participating on Pro boards and just stalking here. This seems best for me!

@patbz   I'm feeling many attempts to solicit participants to choose a forum and giving info about navigating it to lure people over. I think each of us can decide where we want to be posting...here, there or both. 

@Shanus    The only reason anyone would have for encouraging anyone to join another board would be because they enjoy your company.  Otherwise I don't think anyone really cares.  It's not like we get commissions on new members.   Nobody is luring anyone, however, I hate to see so many untruths being batted back and forth.  The posts are primarily to set the record straight. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I don't have my credit info here (just put it in online if I order). I don't see where PorBoards even asked for credit info.

I don't like that that the other site says "I'm online" when just reading posts. That doesn't say "private" to me, but in a different way. I often go through and just read here without posting. It isn't necessary to be announced.

@Shanus    I believe on this board there's a way to determine if you're online.  I often see that info posted in the column on the left side of the screen.

Since I never sign out of the Proforum, I'm always on line, but who cares?  What could anyone possibly do with that juicy tidbit of information? 

The same thing @Kachina624 they get when they google a poster on this board nothing they get an anonymous poster. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@patbz wrote:

Originally I thought I would stay here, do Pro Boards and also FB but cancelled Q FB ( no fun just a running commercial) and now I am participating on Pro boards and just stalking here. This seems best for me!

@patbz   I'm feeling many attempts to solicit participants to choose a forum and giving info about navigating it to lure people over. I think each of us can decide where we want to be posting...here, there or both. 

@Shanus    The only reason anyone would have for encouraging anyone to join another board would be because they enjoy your company.  Otherwise I don't think anyone really cares.  It's not like we get commissions on new members.   Nobody is luring anyone, however, I hate to see so many untruths being batted back and forth.  The posts are primarily to set the record straight. 

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@patbz wrote:

@Kachina624 What untruths? This is an anonymous board we don't even know each other. Setting what record straight? The new board has been operating for under a month. You have no idea how it will play out. With all the same posters you can bet it will be just like it is here.

Honored Contributor

I will continue to do both while they last.  I feel like Proboards will be here longer next year than the Q. forums.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Why does this always happen when another board is created?  People pit one board against the other.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus I want to lure you over to the proboard because I want to read what you have to say about the beauty threads there.

Lots Of Candy For Sale,photography Stock Photo, Picture And Royalty Free  Image. Image 19977922.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@Shanus I want to lure you over to the proboard because I want to read what you have to say about the beauty threads there.

I want to lure you over there too, @manny2 becase you have really interesting ideas and they would add to the conversations.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

This whole conversation is ridiculous.  No one is trying to lure anyone else.  You can belong to whatever forum you want.  The people from ProForum are just trying to explain how easy and safe that site is because several people here seem apprehensive.  That's not luring.

Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@Kachina624 What untruths? This is an anonymous board we don't even know each other. Setting what record straight? The new board has been operating for under a month. You have no idea how it will play out. With all the same posters you can bet it will be just like it is here.

@manny2    I guess we'll just have to wait and find out, won't we?  It's nice though playing by OUR RULES  and not somebody else's.