Honored Contributor

Re: Changed my mind about forum choices

@pugvette74 wrote:

@4kitties wrote:

@pugvette74 

Just do not open the threads that are clearly titled forum choices.  

Then no worries!

No room here for the "other board" Don't want it here. 

People are worried this board will go away, so a few posters are simply making others aware if the forums go poof... they will have another option to stay in touch. One can not control others postings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@bonnielu    I think it's ludicrous to worry about security over there when this board is wide open for anyone in the world to read it.  There's nothing posted on that board that anyone would want to steal. Nobody has your name, email or age and there's no credit card info like there is here. 

Several people have been participants there for years and report never having a problem or knowing of one. 

It is not an issue of who can read stuff.....for some it is an issue of who is running the boards.   QVC has independent employees running them and liability insurance for hacking and fraud.  The other boards have random screen names.

@CrazyDaisy 

The moderators at Q Friends Forum are identified and have names, one can write a private message to them, or tag them.

Do you REALLY think the QVC MODS use their actual names?

@Drythe  It never occurred to me that QVC MODS aren't using their real names. I have no reason to think they aren't.

It is really irrelevant if they are using their real names on the board or not.  They are employees collecting a paycheck and accountable to someone for their actions.  What accountability has been established on the other boards?

The problem is, there would appear to be no accountability here to those actually using the forums... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

It doesn't matter whether they use their real names or not. What I like is that I know nothing about them.

I have a friend who works at a "Call Center" and when she told me her name I couldn't stop laughing. Sometimes I call her by that name and she would just smile.

Another friend worked at a Travel Agency and she didn't like the name they gave her, so after two months she quit.

When someone here says they talked to so and so in Customer Service, I wonder if they know that isn't the person's real name.

If for any reason you want to talk to that same person, the employees know exactly the person you are talking about.

Respected Contributor

I just registered at the new board and looks very nice.  I was member number 1,048.  WOW....they have alot of members over there and it was so nice to see familiar faces.  Another one registered right after I did, so it seems it keeps growing over at the new site.

I don't post as often as I used to, but I will enjoy posting at both places. I do not do FB.  I hope QVC keeps these forums open, but if not, we have another place to go.  They have done a wonderful job over there and I, for one, appreciate them doing that for their fellow posters.

Honored Contributor

All y'all fight over the most ridiculous issues.

I still post here and will continue to do so until when and if the Q shuts it all down.

I am also on the other board but mostly read briefly.  I do not have time to spend on both sites.

I do not "lure" others and I do not consider myself "slumming" here or there.

Another round of the same ol' same ol'.

Post where you please and let others do what is right for them.

It is just that simple.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

I also joined the new board, for me.....life is about options. I view both boards and it really helps pass the time.  I am thrilled, thrilled.... And let me say it again.... Thrilled.... to have options!!!  If this board dies,  no problem😃😃😃. I have one addition option🤓😺😺😺

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Trusted Contributor

I feel exactly the same. 😀 Just so happy and grateful that those wonderful posters set up that new site for all of us to visit with each other.🤗  I hope this QVC Forum is around for many years but in case it's not, the new forum is already exceeding all expectations.😃

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@bonnielu    I think it's ludicrous to worry about security over there when this board is wide open for anyone in the world to read it.  There's nothing posted on that board that anyone would want to steal. Nobody has your name, email or age and there's no credit card info like there is here. 

Several people have been participants there for years and report never having a problem or knowing of one. 

It is not an issue of who can read stuff.....for some it is an issue of who is running the boards.   QVC has independent employees running them and liability insurance for hacking and fraud.  The other boards have random screen names.

@CrazyDaisy 

The moderators at Q Friends Forum are identified and have names, one can write a private message to them, or tag them.

Do you REALLY think the QVC MODS use their actual names?

@Drythe  It never occurred to me that QVC MODS aren't using their real names. I have no reason to think they aren't.

It is really irrelevant if they are using their real names on the board or not.  They are employees collecting a paycheck and accountable to someone for their actions.  What accountability has been established on the other boards?

The problem is, there would appear to be no accountability here to those actually using the forums... 

They do not take their instructions from the board members, you do not sign their paycheck.  My question would be, on the other boards who are the Mods accountable to?  What are their instructions?

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bri369   Thank you for the screen shot..not  pleased to see that kind of info on a social site!  Nice to know that can be changed!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

It is not an issue of who can read stuff.....for some it is an issue of who is running the boards.  QVCC has independent employees running them and liability insurance for hacking and fraud.  The other boards have random screen names.

@CrazyDaisy 

Do you REALLY think theQVCC MODS use their actual names?

@Drythe  It never occurred to me thatQVCC MODS aren't using their real names. I have no reason to think they aren't.

They do not take their instructions from the board members, you do not sign their paycheck.  My question would be, on the other boards who are the Mods accountable to?  What are their instructions?

No, they don't, they take their instructions from those whose income is generated by customers... Like many posting here... As for the other boards, there seems to be a good dose of common sense, reasonably applied rules and an ear to the membership, which does not mean the inmates are in charge of the asylum and neither need that be the case here were there a bit more give and take...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...