Esteemed Contributor

Re: Changed my mind about forum choices

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Why does this always happen when another board is created?  People pit one board against the other.

That is what's happening, but it can't unless you let it. @Lipstickdiva It doesn't even make sense since many post on both. I don't get it. 

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@pugvette74 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@bonnielu    I think it's ludicrous to worry about security over there when this board is wide open for anyone in the world to read it.  There's nothing posted on that board that anyone would want to steal. Nobody has your name, email or age and there's no credit card info like there is here. 

Several people have been participants there for years and report never having a problem or knowing of one. 

@Kachina624  Are you saying it's not safe here?

@pugvette74    I think we all realize that you take a risk anytime you post anything on the internet, some sites being riskier than others.  A lurker could find out a lot about a poster by tracking his posts over a period of time.  We drop hints about who we are, where we live, even how much money we have constantly.  Don't you see them? 

I honestly never looked. Now I know. Thank you @Kachina624 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@MG Chris wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@patbz wrote:

Originally I thought I would stay here, do Pro Boards and also FB but cancelled Q FB ( no fun just a running commercial) and now I am participating on Pro boards and just stalking here. This seems best for me!

@patbz   I'm feeling many attempts to solicit participants to choose a forum and giving info about navigating it to lure people over. I think each of us can decide where we want to be posting...here, there or both. 

The same can be said for this forum. People are discouraging others to go over there.

@MG Chris   That may be true here, too. I just think it's time to let it go and folks will choose where they wish to be. I was already bashed for too many threads on this subject and there are many more besides mine.

@Shanus You can't let the post go. The posts are not in real time, so I might not see a response for 2 days then respond. The next poster might not see my response for several days, so now they chime in. It's not that we want to keep repeating the same thing, but rather allowing everyone to post when they see it. That can keep it going for weeks. I don't see a problem with it. When I get tired of it I just ignore. 

Esteemed Contributor

@pugvette74 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@pugvette74 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@bonnielu    I think it's ludicrous to worry about security over there when this board is wide open for anyone in the world to read it.  There's nothing posted on that board that anyone would want to steal. Nobody has your name, email or age and there's no credit card info like there is here. 

Several people have been participants there for years and report never having a problem or knowing of one. 

@pugvette74    I think we all realize that you take a risk anytime you post anything on the internet, some sites being riskier than others.  A lurker could find out a lot about a poster by tracking his posts over a period of time.  We drop hints about who we are, where we live, even how much money we have constantly.  Don't you see them? 

@pugvette74 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@pugvette74 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think that's a little far fetched. So many have posted for years, and it has never happened. I can't imagine somebody lurking and following someone to piece together who they are. It is almost impossible. Unless someone is foolish enough to post personal information. @Kachina624, @pugvette74 not mention they could just sign up on the other board and follow people and try to figure out who they are. I'm not concerned at all. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Do a google search for your nickname.  You will find all of your "secure" QVC posts out there and a lot more.  Ridiculous for anyone to think their information hasn't already been compromised over and over.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jaspertimes wrote:

Do a google search for your nickname.  You will find all of your "secure" QVC posts out there and a lot more.  Ridiculous for anyone to think their information hasn't already been compromised over and over.

@Jaspertimes Compromised how? They don't know who we are. You can't be that concerned you're still posting on this board. 

Super Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@Jaspertimes wrote:

@Jaspertimes Compromised how? They don't know who we are. You can't be that concerned you're still posting on this board. 

Not a forum post, but your personal information is out there and has been.  The comment about the nickname search is because everyone goes on and on about QVC guarding their privacy on the forums,  well no, they don't.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@pugvette74 wrote:

@4kitties wrote:

@pugvette74 

Just do not open the threads that are clearly titled forum choices.  

Then no worries!

No room here for the "other board" Don't want it here. 

"Here" may be gone in 2022. Just saying....

Or not.  Perpetuating this speculation serves no purpose, other than stir the pot.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@ciao_bella wrote:

Take a chill pill and stop posting yourself.  

@ciao_bella, isn't it nice to know that there is a another forum that completely excludes all this bickering and people behave in a civil manner! See you on the other side.Woman Happy

Then why leave your Utopia to slum here......oh yea, stir the pot some more.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@ciao_bella wrote:

Take a chill pill and stop posting yourself.  

@ciao_bella, isn't it nice to know that there is a another forum that completely excludes all this bickering and people behave in a civil manner! See you on the other side.Woman Happy

Then why leave your Utopia to slum here......oh yea, stir the pot some more.

They can't just leave us. They will miss us too much. If I had decided to go to the new Board, I would not Post here. Once I'm done, I'm done, but that's just me.