Esteemed Contributor

Re: Changed my mind about forum choices

Yes QVC has our information, phone number, Cards, address and so on. I remember years ago a long time Poster was having health problems and hadn't been heard from for a long time.

Someone from the Forums asked if QVC could get in touch with that person (Moderators weren't around then) and yes, someone did come back and said the Poster was doing ok. That  was a very nice thing they did and that's because they had a phone number to contact that person.

Respected Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@ciao_bella wrote:

Take a chill pill and stop posting yourself.  

@ciao_bella, isn't it nice to know that there is a another forum that completely excludes all this bickering and people behave in a civil manner! See you on the other side.Woman Happy

@Trinity11 wrote:

@ciao_bella wrote:

@ciao_bella, isn't it nice to know that there is a another forum that completely excludes all this bickering and people behave in a civil manner! See you on the other side.Woman Happy

@Trinity11 "The other forum has all the same posters that posted here. It is still in the honeymoon stage. It will have all the same old arguments. 

That is certainly a possibility. It is just another option for people to go to when this forum is gone.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@ciao_bella wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@ciao_bella wrote:

@Trinity11 "The other forum has all the same posters that posted here. It is still in the honeymoon stage. It will have all the same old arguments. 

Yes @manny2 but with one major, important difference. You can block and ignore someone's posts if they are someone you don't want to "see" or read. It leads to a calmer, more harmonious board. Who really comes to any chat board wanting to have a stressful experience? 

Personally, I find pluses to both boards. Until QVC decides to close this forum, I still enjoy reading and participating here.🌸🌺🌹

Honored Contributor

@tansy   Just couldn't think of the right word....

Honored Contributor

@MG Chris wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@patbz wrote:

Originally I thought I would stay here, do Pro Boards and also FB but cancelled Q FB ( no fun just a running commercial) and now I am participating on Pro boards and just stalking here. This seems best for me!

@patbz   I'm feeling many attempts to solicit participants to choose a forum and giving info about navigating it to lure people over. I think each of us can decide where we want to be posting...here, there or both. 

The same can be said for this forum. People are discouraging others to go over there.

@MG Chris   That may be true here, too. I just think it's time to let it go and folks will choose where they wish to be. I was already bashed for too many threads on this subject and there are many more besides mine.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@MG Chris wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@patbz wrote:

Originally I thought I would stay here, do Pro Boards and also FB but cancelled Q FB ( no fun just a running commercial) and now I am participating on Pro boards and just stalking here. This seems best for me!

@patbz   I'm feeling many attempts to solicit participants to choose a forum and giving info about navigating it to lure people over. I think each of us can decide where we want to be posting...here, there or both. 

The same can be said for this forum. People are discouraging others to go over there.

@MG Chris   That may be true here, too. I just think it's time to let it go and folks will choose where they wish to be. I was already bashed for too many threads on this subject and there are many more besides mine.

I agree. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Thanks for the explanation, @Shanus. My only reason for wanting to draw attention to the other board is because I am concerned about a few posters who  are missing in action for various reasons, like @Sunala.

Esteemed Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Thanks for the explanation, @Shanus. My only reason for wanting to draw attention to the other board is because I am concerned about a few posters who  are missing in action for various reasons, like @Sunala.

@tansy 

Sunala  has been posting in Book Club. Read the Paging Sunala thread.

Honored Contributor

@pugvette74 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@bonnielu    I think it's ludicrous to worry about security over there when this board is wide open for anyone in the world to read it.  There's nothing posted on that board that anyone would want to steal. Nobody has your name, email or age and there's no credit card info like there is here. 

Several people have been participants there for years and report never having a problem or knowing of one. 

@Kachina624  Are you saying it's not safe here?

@pugvette74    I think we all realize that you take a risk anytime you post anything on the internet, some sites being riskier than others.  A lurker could find out a lot about a poster by tracking his posts over a period of time.  We drop hints about who we are, where we live, even how much money we have constantly.  Don't you see them? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@bonnielu    I think it's ludicrous to worry about security over there when this board is wide open for anyone in the world to read it.  There's nothing posted on that board that anyone would want to steal. Nobody has your name, email or age and there's no credit card info like there is here. 

Several people have been participants there for years and report never having a problem or knowing of one. 

Hi @Kachina624  Not concerned about security and it's a nice looking site.  I am having as tough time figuring it all out (duh)  I need to take a couple of hours and figure it out so I can post on both.  Reading but not posting yet.

@mspatmac    It's like anything else new; as you use it, it becomes easier.  It's really very much like this board with some nice features like being able to send another poster a private message.  The moderators are long-time trusted posters here who seem very knowledgeable and, so far, have done a terrific job.  They also post just like everyone else.  I have no concerns whatsoever about security or anything else. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment