Honored Contributor

Re: Changed my mind about forum choices

[ Edited ]

I was bashed for beginning too many threads about which forum is best or where we should join. I think it is a personal decision where and when we post and this subject needs to be put to rest for now, at least. 

I'm registered at the new site, but will probably not post there until I take the time to feel comfortable with the site and that will take time I don't have time now. 

I am more familiar with this site.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I don't have my credit info here (just put it in online if I order). I don't see where PorBoards even asked for credit info.

I don't like that that the other site says "I'm online" when just reading posts. That doesn't say "private" to me, but in a different way. I often go through and just read here without posting. It isn't necessary to be announced.

@Shanus   You can go into your settings on ProBoards and change it so that it doesn't show that you're online.  Also, your online status shows at QVC's boards, too, unless you change it in your settings.

I like ProBoards very much.  I joined when they were first opened for us.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My thought is this ,do what ever you want to ,because you will anyway.Want to be clear, we all have to do what we feel is best,  if your not comfortable with proboards,then that is your answer.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I don't have my credit info here (just put it in online if I order). I don't see where PorBoards even asked for credit info.

I don't like that that the other site says "I'm online" when just reading posts. That doesn't say "private" to me, but in a different way. I often go through and just read here without posting. It isn't necessary to be announced.

Your settings here show your online status 

490FECFF-8F55-461D-9D55-48E34F9ECBD7.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus,  go to profile, edit profile, privacy.  The first option is whether to show you visible or invisible.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus   You can go into your settings on ProBoards and change it so that it doesn't show that you're online.  Also, your online status shows at QVC's boards, too, unless you change it in your settings.

I like ProBoards very much.  I joined when they were first opened for us.

@NickNack   Always appreciate your replies and helpful info. I just don't have the time to set up another site or take the time to learn my way around. I do check maybe once a week to see if anything is interesting tome. That's as far as I've gotten there...can reply or post, but not sure if that's even done correctly and appears.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@patbz wrote:

Originally I thought I would stay here, do Pro Boards and also FB but cancelled Q FB ( no fun just a running commercial) and now I am participating on Pro boards and just stalking here. This seems best for me!

@patbz   I'm feeling many attempts to solicit participants to choose a forum and giving info about navigating it to lure people over. I think each of us can decide where we want to be posting...here, there or both. 

Honored Contributor

I'm only on these forums because I also shop here.  Have no interest in any other "social media."

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

Originally I thought I would stay here, do Pro Boards and also FB but cancelled Q FB ( no fun just a running commercial) and now I am participating on Pro boards and just stalking here. This seems best for me!

Awesome Possum!  (Thumbs up)

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@patbz wrote:

@patbz   I'm feeling many attempts to solicit participants to choose a forum and giving info about navigating it to lure people over. I think each of us can decide where we want to be posting...here, there or both. 

The same can be said for this forum. People are discouraging others to go over there.