Respected Contributor

Re: Change in cancelling orders???

I'm not so sure that this is a new policy.

I ordered something over a year ago and tried to cancel the next day, but within 12 hrs, and got the same message. I called CS and they told me to return it at their expense. 

Esteemed Contributor

Q has stepped up their shipping process like the old days.  The reason you can't cancel is that they have started to ship it.

Knock on wood but since my slow ship complaint was handled by the forum monitor all of my items ship by the 3rd day for any  order.  That's the way it should be.

A 24 hour cancel is more than reasonable.  With Q's high shipping costs I want my items the next day or sooner.

You can't have it both ways - many stores with free shipping give you one hour to change your order and many store don't give you any opportunity to cancel at all.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If this gets the orders through the system quicker I'm all for it.  I think it's a fair policy.  I have called many companies to cancel an order immediately (within minutes) after I placed it and haven't been able to.  Usually I wanted to add to the order or try a different size or something.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I think the reason for the change is for a couple of reasons.

One, people want their orders two seconds after completing the transaction.

Secondly, people have posted on here, that they'll "buy" it by check, then wait to see if reviews come in, and if the reviews are not all glowing five-star, then they cancel.

I think QVC got sick and tired of that, so in order to cut down on the number of cancellations, they start the process much sooner.

I say, good for QVC!

If one is unsure that they want it, then let someone else who is sure buy it.

Buying and then cancelling messes up the inventory count, even if it is all automated.

Esteemed Contributor

Many, MANY times my WEN order arrives at my door in either 2 or 3 days, and most of that is time on the road.

So I will bet my credit has been checked, a label has been printed and placed on an empty box, and my order has been picked, bubblewrapped, boxed, and sent to UPS pickup site along with a thousand others by the next day. 

I never ordered anything I didn't want. But yes, I have reconsidered and cancelled Q orders. Cancelled within the hour, not the next day.

You are asking to place orders, then have 24 hours of delay time to 'think about it'?? That is unreasonable.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Posters complain bitterly that orders shouldn't remain in process and then complain just as indignantly when they move through the system too fast.

Well, I have tried to cancel something a couple of times recently that doesn't ship for days and days before it is shipped but still can't be cancelled.  I'd think QVC should announce this change big time.  It is dirty pool to change the rules and NOT let people know.

My solution is simply to buy it elsewhere now.

Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

Many, MANY times my WEN order arrives at my door in either 2 or 3 days, and most of that is time on the road.

So I will bet my credit has been checked, a label has been printed and placed on an empty box, and my order has been picked, bubblewrapped, boxed, and sent to UPS pickup site along with a thousand others by the next day. 

I never ordered anything I didn't want. But yes, I have reconsidered and cancelled Q orders. Cancelled within the hour, not the next day.

You are asking to place orders, then have 24 hours of delay time to 'think about it'?? That is unreasonable.

@x Hedge

I agree with you.

The time to "think about it" is before the purchase is made, not after.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you all for your replies. No matter if you felt my thought is unreasonable or people wanted orders quicker or a few other reasons;  again everyone is entitled to their opinions.  😁    Whether this is a new policy for QVC or not , now that I’m aware of the faster processing I’ll  make sure I really want an item before ordering.  

Honored Contributor

Since return shipping is so expensive, now I'll just turn off the tv when I see something I might be tempted to buy (especially is "WE'RE DOWN TO OUR LAST 200) and think about it and look elsewhere if I have ANY doubts at all. If I need to measure, I'll measure; check my closet, I'll do that; or even need to think about it to make absolutely sure.  

Probably I'll go out and find a better cheaper one in the meantime.  THat means no makeup, no storage, no clothing I haven't had that EXACT one before.  WOW, that really means NO clothing from QVC for me.  Appliances?   Nah.  NOT any more.  And the cart expires in 30 minutes?  Is that right?  I need to revisit the rules here.

Honored Contributor

I have NO PROBLEM that you can't cancel an item due to it shipping so quickly, BUT......

that is NOT what is happening based on my experience and reading multiple threads in other forums here. The items are "locked up" , read "PROCESSING" and then......SIT for days or weeks. I've called and complained. Others have too. Don't tell me it's processing to be shipped out when, in reality, you're waiting for the vendor to send you MORE merchandise to fulfill the order OR it's not being fulfilled for whatever reason.

If I ruled QVC? That order wouldn't show "PROCESSING" UNLESS it was actually pulled OFF the shelf, going on the truck and out the door within 24 hours. Until that happens, it's just sitting there and a customer should have the ability to cancel. After all, it's all digital right? So it takes seconds to inform everyone if an order has been cancelled.

Oh wait.... we're talking QVC whose IT department isn't the greatest so..... now we understand why the mess.