Regular Contributor

pr,s Re: Chance of strong storms or Derecho today in our area today

Bad storms in Wisconsin last night.  Was in the basement for tornado warnings from 1:30am till 2:45.  It's a rough day at work today.  

Spoiler
Smiley Sad
It is what it is!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: pr,s Re: Chance of strong storms or Derecho today in our area today

[ Edited ]

I'm OK.  I think it's over.  Starting around 4:30 everything got really dark.  Almost like twilight.  Weird.  then the wind picked up.  Then all heck broke out.  Thunder, lightning...My phone started to issue a tornado warning. So husband and I went to the basement.  Then we heard an all clear came back up again. At that point, it was storming, but normal sounding storm.  Then I heard (still had power) a tornado popped up north of us.  It got dark again, the same thing happened again!  Warnings came out of our phones....back down to the basement again. Long story short, it was pretty much over after that.  Although I told my husband we not going back to the basement.  I don't care what happens. The sun is out and it's a bit cooler. Lots of branches and tree limbs are strewn about the street, but everything is intact. We still have power. Whew!  We dodged a bullet. We still have a Tornado Watch (till 9:00PM)  I think it's over though. Meanwhile this was going on at the same time