Honored Contributor

Isn't it great how pets don't come with an "R" or "D" behind their name?  They only know unconditional loyalty.

Honored Contributor

Sully! I hadn't thought about him in a while. Thank you for the wonderful reminder, @Drythe!

President Bush Senior's service dog who accompanied him during the last 6 months of his life and comforted so many of us during Bush Sr.'s funeral. Good Sullys.George H.W. Bush's Service Dog Sully Will Comfort Wounded Veterans in His  New Assignment

"Sully, named after former airline pilot and hero, Captain Chesley “Sully” Sullenberger, came to the former president through America’s VetDogs, a nonprofit that provides service dogs at no cost to veterans, active-duty service members and first responders with disabilities. "

Mission Complete: What's Next For Sully H.W. Bush - Victory Girls Blog

I'm glad he's still doing a good job for us at Walter Reed. America's VetDogs is an amazing organization.

Sully is 4 and a Yellow Lab.

He currently holds the rank of Hospital Corpsman 1st Class (HM1) in the US Navy. (Holy cow!)

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Re: Champ and Major!

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain wrote:

Sully! I hadn't thought about him in a while. Thank you for the wonderful reminder, @Drythe!

President Bush Senior's service dog who accompanied him during the last 6 months of his life and comforted so many of us during Bush Sr.'s funeral. Good Sullys.George H.W. Bush's Service Dog Sully Will Comfort Wounded Veterans in His  New Assignment

"Sully, named after former airline pilot and hero, Captain Chesley “Sully” Sullenberger, came to the former president through America’s VetDogs, a nonprofit that provides service dogs at no cost to veterans, active-duty service members and first responders with disabilities. "

Mission Complete: What's Next For Sully H.W. Bush - Victory Girls Blog

I'm glad he's still doing a good job for us at Walter Reed. America's VetDogs is an amazing organization.

Sully is 4 and a Yellow Lab.

He currently holds the rank of Hospital Corpsman 1st Class (HM1) in the US Navy. (Holy cow!)

@Porcelain 

Thank you for the photos of Sully.

Labs are so attuned to our feelings, you can read the stress in his face in your top photo.

I hope someday he gets to go home.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I follow Sully on Instagram. He seems to be doing well, in spite of not being at Walter Reed because of covid.

He visits often with his America's Vet Dogs trainer Valerie, it's obvious how much she loves him. And she has her own dog that Sully plays with.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

adorable!

Respected Contributor

@Barbara-QVC wrote:
This post has been removed by QVC because it is baiting

Dear Moderator:

Thank you for deleting only individual posts rather than the entire thread. So many of us are having a hard time right now and these pet discussions really cheer us up.

Thanks. 

Respected Contributor

What a good dog! Heart

Honored Contributor

WH Kitties as well!

Remember Socks? I loved Socks! Circa 1990s.

(One of my current two cats looks a lot like Socks. A tuxedo boy with a black smudge on his face. He always likes to sleep on my head at night.)

And India from the President George W Bush family. What a gorgeous creature.

George W. Bush & India

They both look like American Shorthairs to me. But please let me know if you know they're another breed. Sooooo pretty!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain   According to Wikipedia, India was an American Shorthair, so you were correct.  What a beautiful cat.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Anyone who loves and takes good care of dogs is ok with me.  

My dog was horribly abused and neglected the first two years of his life. I adopted him at age 2 and he is now king of the castle. He knows he's safe and loved. I wouldn't have it any other way.