Honored Contributor

YES! Take a look over at For The Home forum. I 'bumped up' the thread. Chalk paint.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor
On 3/18/2015 tansy said:
On 3/18/2015 Photo Donna said:

yes -- I made my own with regular wall paint and plaster of paris.

Interesting. I didn't realize plaster of paris was the magic ingredient. Did you mix it half and half? I found a large, ornate headboard that just appealed to my sometimes tacky taste and wanted to try the AS paints on it.

I'll look this upSmile

I Googled the heck out of it to find info. I also use Fiddes wax -- it comes in clear, dark, and a lot in between.

all way less than Annie Sloan products.

Hey you, get off of my cloud...
Honored Contributor
On 3/19/2015 Photo Donna said:
On 3/18/2015 tansy said:
On 3/18/2015 Photo Donna said:

yes -- I made my own with regular wall paint and plaster of paris.

Interesting. I didn't realize plaster of paris was the magic ingredient. Did you mix it half and half? I found a large, ornate headboard that just appealed to my sometimes tacky taste and wanted to try the AS paints on it.

I'll look this upSmile

I Googled the heck out of it to find info. I also use Fiddes wax -- it comes in clear, dark, and a lot in between.

all way less than Annie Sloan products.

Making a note about the Fiddes wax. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

I did an old bedroom set using AS paint. I love how it came out. It was easy to work with and covered well.

Respected Contributor

I have a dresser I'd really love to repaint with chalk paint. I saw an article in a magazine (I want to say BH or Southern Living), and a lady had refinished her mother's upright piano in a beautiful robin's egg blue chalk paint. Totally outside the box, but WOW, was that thing gorgeous!

Honored Contributor
On 3/19/2015 FUTURE said:

I have a dresser I'd really love to repaint with chalk paint. I saw an article in a magazine (I want to say BH or Southern Living), and a lady had refinished her mother's upright piano in a beautiful robin's egg blue chalk paint. Totally outside the box, but WOW, was that thing gorgeous!

I know someone who did an upright piano in AS's Duck Egg Blue. It's gorgeous.

Respected Contributor
On 3/19/2015 lulu2 said:
On 3/19/2015 FUTURE said:

I know someone who did an upright piano in AS's Duck Egg Blue. It's gorgeous.

That actually might have been that color! It looks a little dark, but the Louis Blue looks a little bright in some swatches. I wonder if you can mix chalk paint, or if she used another brand. My mother has an upright piano, and if I ever get my hands on it, I would LOVE to do this to it. It's so modern and fun!