Respected Contributor

Re: Chadwicks Of Boston

[ Edited ]

I use to shop at Chadwicks too. I bought a lot of skirts and blazers that were staples of my work wardrobe. 

I miss shopping at Speigel, they had a great variety of clothes and shoes. 

Esteemed Contributor

I use to order from them quite often. I hope they do open back up.

Esteemed Contributor

This is upsetting.  There are so many times you might want or need things at a reasonable price.  Even if people have the $ to pay higher prices, most of us don’t want to pay a king’s ransom for clothing.  I remember looking all over for a dress to wear to my DD’s bridal shower years ago.  I wanted something with a higher neck, 3/4 sleeves, and a flared skirt that was a modest length, in my petite size.  I found it at Chadwick’s, in a pretty small floral print, for a very reasonable price.  Many compliments!

Honored Contributor

I shopped with them for many years but not in recent years when my life became more casual.  Still, I would check them out online from time to time.  They were a bit "stuck in the past".  They were still selling some of the exact same things I bought 15 or 20 years ago.  I hope they do rethink the brand and open up again.  

Honored Contributor

I used to order a lot of work outfits from there when I was first starting out. Sometimes the quality was a miss but in general it served me well on a limited budget. I miss their catalogs. 

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I use to order dresses from them,cotton i loved them.

@goldensrbest   Yes-one of the few places to get some nice summer all-cotton dresses.

Prices were reasonable, too.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

I use to order dresses from them,cotton i loved them.

@goldensrbest   Yes-one of the few places to get some nice summer all-cotton dresses.

Prices were reasonable, too.

I just loved them.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Norm Thompson was another one-they had some really nice looking clothes.  I purchased quite a few tops from them years ago.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh